20. Unwilling Fire

"First of all, this is not a date." I said entering the car and switching the radio station without meeting his eyes.

"Second of all, was that... was that a kiss?" Dimitri inquired lifting my chin to make me look at him. His touch sent chills down my spine, but I brushed them off.

"Well, yeah. That's usually what people call it when their lips meet so... Yes. I think that was a kiss." I explained playing it cool and padding his arm. I gave him the most innocent and fake smile ever and stared out of the window.

After a few minutes, I heard an almost inaudible word coming out of his lips. I studied his face but he was focused on the road.

"Okay." He repeated under his breath, more like talking to himself.

"Okay? That's all you gonna say? Okay?" I rushed, my cheeks burning with shame. How could he be so calm about it? I wish I could ignore this fact like him. I wish I could hide from the truth scratching my stomach every time I remembered the kiss.

Way to go Amanda. You just kiss this hormonal idiot and hope that everything will be okay. You have known him for how long? Did you seriously expect everything would be normal?

"Well..." He trailed off. "I was under the impression that we weren't going to talk about it." My friend explained his grip tightening around the steering wheel.

"Oh... Okay."

"Kitten, do you want to talk about it? Was it good for you?" He asked tangling his free hand with mine and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Tell me Am."

"Yeah-No. I mean, I only did it because I had to, and I don't want things to get weird between each other and I get it if you want this to end, cuz I mean-"
He shut me off by putting a finger on my lips.

"I get it. And we are cool. Nothing happened." Dimitri said.

"Are you sure?"

"Kitten, do you want me to tell you the truth?" He asked his eyes fixed again on the road. Without waiting for my response, he continued. "It was just a kiss. Nothing special, no offence..." He added in a softer tone and shrugged off. "But people kiss all the time. There's no need to freak out about it."

"But we, don't kiss all the time, so it's different." I replied looking at my hands. "Sometimes I don't know whether you are telling me the truth or what I want to hear." I added in a lower voice.

"Only the truth for you. I didn't feel anything. You?"

"Uh, nothing special."

He let out a sigh of relief, and a bight-wide smile appeared on his face.
"Just and advice for next time..." Dimitri started more comfortable. "Let me know in advance. I can buy you flowers and act like a proper boyfriend. Maybe even grab your butt." I let out a giggle, and somehow my chest felt lighter.

"And here it is the Dimitri I know, for a moment I thought I'd lost you!" I exclaimed punching his arm playfully.

"But you broke the rules. We agreed to let the other know when we were going to kiss." Mitri pouted like a kid and I laughed.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Kitten," he started trying to fight the smirk appearing on his face. "Do you know what happens when good girls break the rules, right?" He raised an eyebrow stopping the car in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't see where we were, it was pitch black outside. Somehow I couldn't breathe from anticipation.

"They get punished."

-----------------------------------------------------

"You know, when you said punished, I thought about some kinky shit, not leaving me alone on my birthday!" I exclaimed throwing some water and splashing a bit of his shirt in the process.