17. Why Is It ALWAYS Me?!

"I didn't know what you like so I brought a bit of everything."

"Please tell me you have chocolate with almonds." Begged Gabe, looking for it himself in the paper bags, without waiting for her answer.

"I think I bought one..."

"FOUND IT- GOD BLESS YOU." He added giving Hailey a bear hug. "I like this girl, we should keep her. Can we do that Am? Can we?!"

"She is not a puppy Gabriel." Cass intervened rolling her eyes. She helped Hailey carry the bags to the kitchen and made small talk with her. In the living room, the three boys were looking at me like if I was crazy. Everybody loved her; and now they were waiting for my response to make it official and accept Hailey into our group.

Behind me, Dimitri grabbed my waist and pulled me to his chest and snuggled his face on my shoulder. Our height difference wasn't much, but it was enough to cuddle or have incredible hugs. And Mitri always did this when he wanted to convince me about anything.

"Kitten, I will make it up for you if you try to know her better." His breath fanned my ear when he whispered, tingling my skin.

"How come?"

"Well... There's something that you always beg me to do..." He trailed off swing in us back and forth. A huge smile spread across my face when I realized what he was talking about.

"You only make Devil's Food Cake on my birthday, so... what's the catch?"

"There's no catch. Believe me, being a good girl has its benefits." He replied with the face of an angel, but his voice lowered a bit. I let go of his grip and looked at him straight into his chocolate brown eyes, and added seductively:

"Have I been a bad girl, Mitri?"

"Naughty. But if you behave, you'll get rewards. So..." he replied whispering in my ear. "What are you gonna do Kitten?"

Okay, I have to admit it, he knows how to convince me. And I'm not saying this because he made my knees go weak with all that good-naughty-girl shit. But because of the fact that his Devil's Cake was heaven on Earth, and my love for it was out of this world. So yeah, I can give Hailey a chance.

"For a strange reason, that I can't seem to figure out yet, you find her special. I'll try, but if she messes things up, she's leaving." I said to Gabe. "I only give second chances to certain people." I added the last part looking straight to Levi, who was finishing watching The Little Mermaid with Lilo.

"You know I have the best girlfriend in the entire world, right?" Mitri flashed me a smile and seated on the couch next to Levi, who hadn't said a word since Hailey arrived.

"Yeah, she is the best." I replied and headed towards Gabe to steal some of his ice cream.

Soon, Cassandra and Hailey came back to the living room laughing about something like if they were best friends.

"Okay everybody, we have a show to make." My sister started but I motioned for her to stop talking. I wasn't going to discuss a whole runway with Levi in the same room. I trusted my gut, and it was screaming at me not to let him know everything about our plans.

Even though we didn't have one yet.

An awkward silence invaded the spacious living room, Hailey seated with Gabe and continued eating ice cream like it was the normal thing to do in these uncomfortable situations. Whilst Cass answered my signs pointing a finger at Levi behind his back and mouthing

"Fix it."

And Mitri, my lovable friend, was with his eyes closed, sprawled on the white leather couch with his limbs poking out and reaching the floor.