3. Coffee

The smell of coffee reached my nose and I almost let a moan out. You would understand me better if you went to Le Constantine the best coffee shop in the area. Yep, it belongs to Dimitri's family and they have had it for over three generations.

The place was quiet today, only a few couples were chatting and the low jazz music gave the place a romantic vibe. I always loved to go there and help in the kitchen. 

Kate, Mitri's mom, taught us to bake when we were eight, and we haven't stop eating since then. Well, I haven't stopped eating and Dimitri haven't stopped cooking.

We plopped into the brown leather couch that was near the front windo wich has been our spot since I can remember. But before we could start chatting, Gabriel almost killed me with one of his hugs.

"Get off of my friend." Dimitri said trying to get him off of me. "She's turning purple, man!"

Gabe's laughs echoed the place; the lanky boy sat next to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Am loves me." He replied confident and Mitri rolled his eyes. "Don't you love me Am?" He asked me pouting.

"Of course I love you Gabe, but I love your brother more. Sorry."

"I still don't know why you choose him, but whatever. I'm sexier." He replied with his dimples showing off. Genetics were great on the Constantine's family and between the brothers you couldn't choose who was better looking.  

"See? I told you, she's mine." Mitri told him proudly. Of course I would choose him over Gabe, I have been choosing him since we were kids.

Mitri got up and went to the kitchen, he had promised me one of his muffins and he had not given me an answer yet. The ride here was so silent I thought I could die. When we were alone, Gabriel didn't hesitate to ask me.

"Hey, is Cass at your house? I was going to pick her up." Although he tried to sound casual I could see he was nervous. His chestnut hair was a mess, he had a couple of lovebites on his neck and he was chewing at his bottom lip.

"She's in a bad mood Gabe, I don't know if she wants to see you."

Panic flicked though his eyes. He covered his face.

"Ugghhhh. What did I do this time?"

"Something happened at the meeting, and...Well, she was the one who screw it up. She's mad at herself I think." I explained rubbing his back. Poor guy, being her best friend was giving him more headaches than nothing else. My sister's mood swings could kill anyone, and in Gabriel it was starting to show off. My giant noodle, he was too sweet for this world.

"Ice cream and The Sleeping Beauty? Should that calm her enough?" he asked pleading me for advice.

"Is my sister, and now I'm mad at her too. So risk it yourself this time. I'm not going to interfere." I answered back petting his hair.

"Fine. Thanks anyway, Am." Gabe got up and grabbed his keys. "Tell my brother that his best friend sucks." After leaving the shop, he blew me a kiss from the door.

"Sorry, Gabe ate the muffins. I'm going to make some later."Dimitri said before I could ask him. He gave me my mocha and rested on the couch. "He went to pick Cass up?"

"Yeah, I totally ship them together you know?" I said finally tasting the drink. I went to heaven, I heard angels singing, I saw the light...

"Am, you are moaning." Mitri whispered with his cheeks a little pink.

GREAT, JUST GREAT.

"Well, we should...You know, discuss the thing."

A smirk crossed his face and he burst out laughing, some of the couples turned to look at us and I sunk deeper into the couch.  I knew this was a bad idea. 

Well, guess I'm not attending that fucking wedding.

"Kitten, answer me this. How often does these sort of things happen?"

"What type of things?" I asked innocently.

"Accept it Am, I do everything I can to keep you out from getting into trouble." He teased. "And you know I'm not the best at feelings or due dates."

"You have to admit this time Cass was the one getting us into trouble!"

"Oh really? She got you in trouble, and you got me in this mess. I'm not sure about us dating" Dimitri muttered looking out the window and taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Look, I don't need someone to make me look better, trust me. I know I'm not the best option you have, and I know I'm not so pretty like those bimbos you fuck." I blurted out. "It is so terrible for you to fucking pretend? Am I so ugly?"

"What are you talking about?!" Mitri inquired. He seated closer to me and pulled me into a hug. "You are hot, and funny, and the best cuddler that a guy could ask for. Never forget it Am."

"Then why don't you say yes?" I asked him trying not to sound so hopeless, but failing miserably. "We would still be us, you know?"

He sighed, "I know kitten. It's just that you make this sound like a pretty permanent arrangement and I don't want to lose what we have."

"And neither am I." I replied tugging at his hoodie and hiding my face on the crook of his neck. 

Twenty seconds later, Dimitri whispered on my ear "What I don't understand is why you want me for a year." 

He was going to say yes, he was actually considering it! Don't freak him out Amanda; this is not the time to freak him out...

"They are getting married next year. So I think we should pretend till then. I mean, only if you want to. I can find someone else... I could ask Gabe..." I said without looking at him.

"Fuck no. You are not dating my brother." Mitri scoffed. "I will do it. But get comfortable because we have some stuff to discuss, and you are not going to like them."

a/n

Hi there! When I wrote this I was sleepy AF. And I didn't want to bother Alex to check it out for mistakes. #Sorry!

I love Gabe, is just so... ughhh. What do you think about him?

If you liked the chapter, please vote, comment and share. I will love you lots! :)