8. Smile, Sweetie

"Amanda, over here!"
"Amanda can we talk to you?!"
"Miss Ninn, is he your boyfriend?!"

Just smile and relax. The flashes are not going to hurt you, just a few more steps, show the dress, ignore them, look pretty, that's it.

"Shall I hold your waist and pretend that we are in love?" whispered the devil in the flesh. Mr. Blondie-fuckboy-rich-asshole was looking hella great tonight I had to admit it.

"Oh shut up, you shouldn't even be here in the first place." I hissed and continued walking down the red carpet.
"Actually Amanda," Levi added "I was invited, and it was your sister the one who begged me to come as her date tonight. So if I were you, I would be more...polite."

"You are lucky we..." the words got stuck in my throat, I hate it, why Gabe wasn't here? "We...Need you."

The flashes increased when he got closer to me, I moved back slightly, trying to get away from his dazzling smile and seductive perfume. It was hard to focus when our surroundings were almost blinding us. I never got used to the flashes and all the people shouting my name, it was overwhelming.

"Well, shall we pretend that we like each other then? You know your...boyfriend isn't here to protect you." Levi added for only me to hear and started walking again.

"Look, I will give you 500 if you behave nicely." I muttered, posing again.

"Make it a thousand and I will be your best friend' replied Levi flashing me another smile.
"Deal."

We walked together through the red carpet, Levi grabbed me by the waist and started laughing like if I was the best comedian in the world. The idiot started tickling me and I couldn't resist a loud chuckle that escaped my lips.

We headed towards the E!News booth, were Kelly was waiting to interview me and Dimitri...who hadn't arrived yet. After the usual greetings and empty compliments, she went straight to the point. The one I was desperately trying to avoid. Where the hell are you Dimitri?

"I know you have little time here, so I will not hold you back. I want to ask you about your night adventure! How was that going?" She asked eyeing Levi. He was just a few steps behind me, waiting for Cass who was being interviewed.

It was so easy for him, because he was known as a player, he didn't even have to explain himself. But if you are a girl... then that's a whole different story. You are simply referred to as a slut while guys just as bachelors afraid of commitment.

"Amanda? Are you okay?' Kelly asked. I zoned out completely.
"Yeah, just... thinking about my boyfriend."
"So it's true then! Congratulations!"
"What can I say? I'm a lucky girl" I added with a sleepish smile.

"You make a great couple with Levi! I'm sooo jealous! When did you start..."
"Woooooah easy there." I interrupted her, "We are NOT dating!"

Mr. Blondie approached us trying to know what all the fuss was about. An expression that I could not read flew past his face but Levi managed to compose himself within seconds. Its facade of lovely guy came out again, and that only meant trouble. He could be incredibly charming if he wanted, to the point you could not even remember your own name.

"What are you gushing about, girls?"

"Oh, just about how you two look so cute together!" Kelly exclaimed amused. "But Amanda here, told me that you aren't a couple, which is such a pity"

"Yeah it is, isn't it? Unfortunately, I'm just the back up friend." He replied and planted a kiss on my cheek.

Ugh, can we finish this already? Cass was already waiting for us inside, and I knew that if we stayed together longer than it was expected, I could kiss this interview goodbye. The cameras hadn't stop clicking since we arrived, and I was starting to get dizzy.