13. You Know I Can't Change

Out of nowhere a Hailey stopped us stepping in the middle of the road, Dimitri hit the brackets and I almost get glued to the windshield.

Didn't her parents teach her to NEVER put herself in front of a car in the middle of the night? What was wrong with her?!

In front of us, Hailey looked like a scared baby deer, she was a walking disaster with her make up smudged and without heels. Dimitri left the car and hurried to her side, the brunette hugged her like if she was the most precious and fragile thing in the entire world. Annoyed and worried enough to care about Levi, I interrupted their lovely-disgusting moment. 

"Just stop with this shit and please tell me where Blondie is." I snapped. Even though I tried to behave, the girl got on my nerves. If she wanted to spend time with him, then she could have just say it and end with this show.

"Sorry, just... follow me."

A few blocks away from Bennet's house, there was a small park that thank God wasn't full of serial killers. One of the perks of being on the rich side I guess. 

Someone was sitting on one of the benches, throwing rocks and screaming at the birds that were trying to sleep. Well, again, not someone but Blondie.

"Sorry for bothering you guys, but I didn't know who else to call." Hailey said not coming any closer to Levi. She looked terrified and it wouldn't be a surprise if Mr. Fuckboy had tried one of his moves on her.

"It's okay. You did the right thing, what happened?" Mitri asked ignoring his drunken friend who hadn't noticed us yet.

"Well, Bennet invited me to the party, I bumped into him and he was already wasted. He wanted to drive but I took his keys and he didn't even flinch he just called me a party pooper and came here. He had been throwing rocks and crying for almost an hour now and he wouldn't let me take him home. Sorry guys, I know you had something going on tonight I-"

I stopped listening to her and went straight to where Blondie was. I've already seen him like this and Dimitri and I knew what would happen if we didn't stop him: someone would call the cops.

As I got closer to Levi, the smell of alcohol and puke reached my nose. He was mumbling things of which the only one I could understand was 'I'm sorry'. When he saw me, a grin appeared on his face.

Great, just what I needed to finish the night, to deal with my drunken ex whilst trying not to kill him in the process.

"H-Heey Aman daa." He started between hiccups. "I'm sooorry, Okay?" He added without even looking at me and taking a sip from his whiskey bottle. I seated next to him and patted his back, this was worse than last time but thanks to Hailey we wouldn't be spending a night in prison.
I felt the soaked sweater in my fingers and I didn't even want to know which kind of liquid it had.

 I never understood how he managed to look handsome in the worse scenarios. Always with a smirk plastered across his face, looking as if he could rule the entire world with his ocean eyes and troubled soul. Like if his life wasn't crashing down with every bottle he drank...

Levi didn't even flinch to my touch but his sobs echoed the deserted park. He busted into tears again, this time crying louder. Some lights were starting to switch on, signaling the need for us to go.

"Come on buddy, we'll take you home." Dimitri interrupted and took the bottle out of his grip. He passed an arm around Levi's back and started carrying the lanky boy to the car. Blondie looked like a toddler stumbling down and muttering incoherencies.

"He- He is a good friend. But I don't like you Aman daa." Levi added pointing a finger at me.

"I don't like you either Blondie. But we need to go."

"Aman daa." He called me but I ignored him. It was useless to talk with him right now. He was even saying sorry for what? For treating me like shit for the past two years? For leaving me alone when I needed him the most? For being a complete asshole 24x7?

"Aman daa, for-give mee. I'm soorryy." He slurred and Dimitri looked at me pleading for an answer or else he was going to lose it.

"Okay Levi. I forgive you."

"Dimitriiiiiiiiii, mate, do you love Aman daa? I don't love-her. Aman daa I'm so-rry." And started sobbing again. 

Hailey was nowhere to be found and Dimitri was on the point of leaving his friend in the park. Out of frustration, I helped him to carry Levi to the car, and after like half an hour of I'm sorry and I don't like you, we managed to get him in. Thank god I'd decided to wear my Vans, instead of the stilettos or else I'd have been telling a different story right now.

Just when I was about to get into the car, I saw a flash coming from the bushes. Last thing I know was that a man in dark clothes came from that spot, several flashes going off again. 

"You've to be fucking kidding me!" 

"Amanda, get in the car, now." Dimitri told me from inside, but I didn't listen to him. I was sick of paps always getting in the way. Fuck, I was more that done with them and I needed to take some control over this mess for once. 

But of course, Hailey step in again. Saving my ass this time. In a blink she was in his back, tackling him to the ground. Quite impressive for a skinny girl like her. 

"You have been following us the entire week, don't you have a life asshole?!" She demanded, pushing him against the pavement.  

I hurried to where she was before anything bad happened. I didn't care about the unknown brunette, I was actually worried about the furious girl that he had on his back. 

"You wish I was following you!" He spat. Dimitri left Levi in the car and went straight to punch the guy. Yeah, great Dimitri, just use your muscles instead of your brain. I grabbed him at his jacket and brought my friend closer to me.

The guy was fighting against Hailey's grip, so before he could do anything else, she tossed the phone at me, hitting my head in the process. 

"Give me that! That's my work!" The pap pleaded when he was finally free.
"Here's the deal buddy," I started with his phone in my hands. "You leave now, and we won't call the police for invading our privacy."

"Stalking us actually, and breaking into a private neighborhood." Dimitri added and passed an arm around my shoulders for support.

Hailey released the pap and went straight to the car to check on Levi, not after glaring at the man. "So... I think you have three seconds to run." I deleted the pictures in his phone and stole his memory card, just in case. I threw back the phone to the man and headed towards the car without waiting for his response.

-------------------------------------------------------

"The doctor said everything's okay with Levi but they need to check you too." Dimitri said leaning against the white corridor wall. He looked exhausted and worried and only glanced at Hailey once since we arrived to the hospital.

"It's just a bump, Mitri. I'm not gonna die."

"But your mom will kill me if she finds out, so you'll stay here with the doc while I take Levi home. You'll stay with her, okay? I'll come back for you two in half an hour." My friend replied, his hug lasted a couple of seconds more than I expected, catching me off guard.

"I will take care of her, I promise.".

"Just don't kill her, please." Mitri whispered in my ear.

a/n

Okaaaaaaay here you have it! What do YOU THINK OF LEVI, AND HAILEY, AND EVERYTHING?! TELL ME PLZ.

p.s: Did you hear Sounds Good Feels Good? I LOVED IT!