12.Troublemaker

"I can't believe I'm here with you out of all the people in the world." I muttered putting the pack of ice on my left eyebrow. I knew I'd have a bruise tomorrow; well, today in four hours to be precise.

Just what I needed for one of the most important meetings of my life.

"Hey, I thought you'd catch the phone, is not my fault."

"Oh seriously Hailey?! I'm the clumsiest person in the entire world!" I glared at her but it only made the pain worse. She was sucking on a lollipop and swinging her feet like a child while Dimitri was driving back to the hospital to pick us up. Although it was only a small bump, it hurt like hell and I had to take painkillers which made me feel drowsy.

"Amanda?" Hailey started and seated next to me.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." And we both started laughing.

----------------------

7 hs before.

"Oh Dimitri thank God! I need you to come to Bennet's house right now... Dimitri? Dimitri are you there?"
Iwas speechless, why was Hailey calling him and why he didn't mention it was her? I tossed the phone to him who caught it midair.

I was fighting back the urge of going to the bathroom and bail my eyes out of frustration. Instead of doing that, I made small talk with Dimitri's parents. You know, pretending that my best friend wasn't actually throwing away our friendship for some new girl. His muttering increased as well as his pacing across the place.

Tonight was supposed to be ours, we were having a great time and then fucking Hailey steps in.

"Amanda we have to go right now." He rushed picking up his jacket.
"I'm staying here with Will and Kate, but you can go if you want." I told him smiling politely at his parents.
"Is everything all right sweetie?" Kate asked worried.
"Sorry mum, I'll tell you later. I know you wanted to catch up with Am, but this is an emergency we need to go, now." Mitri emphasized the last word and headed towards the door.

Okay, what I'm supposed to do now? Well Amanda you have two options, either you stay here and leave Hailey ruining your dinner and spending time with Dimitri...YOUR time may I add... or... Okay, okay, okay I get it Fuck.

"I'm leaving with or without you, so choose." My friend added and left the shop.

Okay, this is bad.

I rushed out to pick my purse and said goodbye to Will and Kate. Dimitri was already in the car, tapping at the steering wheel and looking out at the window.
I entered and didn't make eye contact with him, nor did I acknowledge his presence. I tried to switch the station, looking for a crappy song to sing along instead of drowning on a dark hole of self-pity.

"Look, before you start acting like a jealous kid, the one who ruined our time together was Levi, not Hailey. So change that face Amanda." He bickered focusing on the road.

Ouch, that hurt. He never uses that tone with me, even when he's mad. Unless...
"Shit, I'm sorry it's just..." He started.
"It happened again?" I stated more like asked.
Million thoughts went to my mind, and I couldn't help it but cuss at Levi and Hailey and to myself for acting like an idiot.

Dimitri tossed me the phone and without saying anything I already knew what I had to do: to call Hailey. Unfortunately the damned thing kept going straight to voicemail no matter what.

This is the time when everything crashes down and the only to blame is you Amanda, so congrats on being an idiot.

The whole ride to Bennet's house was silent, Dimitri was too focused on the road and I was too focused on finding the right words to apologize to him. I've seen my friend like that, going way out of the speed limit and chewing at his lip at the point of almost bleeding, only when shit went down.

Knowing Levi, I shouldn't be so surprised. Thefact that he could get in trouble even at church should give you an idea of what he is capable of.

We were soon driving around the private neighborhood, the light from the street lamps threw a phantasmagoric vibe to the desolated mansions that passed away in a blur.
Even though Bennet wasn't the type of guy you would know as popular, his parties had always been a success. Actually, everybody went to his house because of the free booze, period.

Just from thinking why someone like Hailey could be here with Levi sent chills down my spine... Dimitri glanced at me for a few seconds, his dark eyes glistened with worry and that, for me and the world, was a red alert.

Tonight I had the feeling that something was going to happen. Because Levi Rowell always meant trouble and I could feel it from miles away.

a/n

Short chapter but oh well, I love drama. Hope you like it, have a nice Saturday! xxoo