19. Breaking Some Rules

I know you and what you need is a distraction. Give me 20' and I'll save your cute ass.

The smile that Dimitri's message gave me, soon disappeared thanks to my grandmother.

"David lost some weight thanks to Cleo." Reina scrunched her face in disgust. "I assumed that boy would make you lose some too."

The lemon cupcake I was holding seemed to scream at me to eat it right now, before answering her. I gave Reina and my aunt a closed smile and replied:

"Don't worry, if I ever lose some weight it would be because I want to."

I took another bite from the cupcake and added, "Luckily enough, I have a boyfriend that respects my body and accepts me the way I am."

I let my eyes wander around the huge open living room. I wasn't planning on buying a house, that's for sure, but when I saw it on sale and I entered the place, I could imagine it. It wasn't just an old colonial house; it wasn't just a place to have my own studio but also maybe my... home.

Situated in a hill ten blocks near my neighborhood, with direct view to the ocean and large windows that go from the ceiling to the floor, it was a dream come true.

A new place to grow without mom hovering around so much, a new place to show my designs without being judged, and also to have a fresh start.

When they heard about the buying, the Ninns came to check it up and destroy it with their nasty comments. I was dying inside because I couldn't brag it in their faces the fact that the house was actually mine, not Cassandra's. What's even worse was that they complimented her for her good taste

If they ever found out it was mine I'm pretty sure they would call a demolishing contractor and tear it down.

"Or maybe he is disgusted by your looks, and that's why he doesn't say anything." David added smirking to his twin.

"Yeah. Maybe he's afraid you will eat him up." Danielle said fixing her red lipstick without even looking at me.

No Amanda, you can't smash her lipstick on her face, is Dior for fucking sake! And you can't shove the full plate of cupcakes down her throat, hoping that some fat enters her slim Barbie body. Think something-

"Oh, he is the one who eats me out, don't worry. And he does it fucking great." I padded my back for that awesome comeback. God, Danielle's face was totally worth it. "But the details of my sex life are none of your business so I think this was a nice talk." I added and went to the kitchen.

 I had to erase my victory face before my mom found out I talked back at my grandmother.

"Are they still there?" She muttered signaling to the door and I almost had a heart attack. What was wrong with this woman?! She entered the kitchen from the back door with another bag full of Le Constantine cupcakes and it scared the shit out of me. After taking some short breaths and steadying my pulse I nodded.

"Is your turn now, I'm done talking." I hopped over the counter island and took another cupcake; this time was chocolate with almonds. "My boyfriend is coming to rescue me."

"Yeah, speaking of that..." My mom trailed off resting on the counter next to me. "You should stay. They will go in half an hour, and after that you can check out the fabrics I brought. You know, see them and maybe finish the third design."

"I know and I'm sorry mom, but I can't do it today. Dimitri will pick me up at-"

"You shouldn't see him so often." She cut me off taking both of my hands and making me pay full attention to her. "This is your future, you need to focus sweetie."