23. Wake Up Call

Dimitri's P.O.V.

"You know that my birthday is tomorrow, don't you?" She asked me groggily through the phone. A smile crept on my face like an idiot and I couldn't help it. Lately, hearing her voice was giving me a warm feeling at the pit of my stomach and I liked it a bit too much.

"I'm aware of that." I replied and I could imagine her spread over the white couch of her new house. "How are you Kitten?"

"Good, considering that's 5 in the fucking morning. Why are you calling now?"

"Sorry sleepyhead, I forgot about the time zone." Am got moody whenever I woke her up and knowing her I should have waited to call. But it was the first day off that I had since the swimming competition started and I couldn't hold on any longer.

"Is okay, we haven't talked in a while..." She yawned and I immediately remembered why I was actually calling her. The day at the beach, our kiss and our almost-kiss... and the day which I almost fuck everything up.

I still wasn't sure what had happened that day. All I knew was that the silence and the awkwardness between us was a pain in the ass and I needed to end with it. So it was now or never, I had to let everything out.

"I thought you were mad at me. You know? I still don't know what happened at the beach and I swear I'm sorr-"

"Don't worry." She interrupted and I could see her shaking her head. "We don't have to talk about it."

"Uh...okay? So... are we good?"

"Well, you still aren't coming for my birthday and I'm losing sleep because of your cute voice sooo... I think you'll have to give me a giant gif to make up for it. Apart from that, we are okay."

"All right." I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God I have a cute voice, or else I'd be dead by now. Everyone knows waking you up is a dead wish..." I trailed off amusingly.

"Yeah, thank God you have a cute voice. Or how could I stand your annoying rants about new coffee machines and recipes?" She fired back.

"Touché. Now tell me, how's everything going on with Levi?"

"Oh, besides for the part in which you and my mom forgot to tell me he was going to be my bodyguard..." She trailed off sarcastically.

"Kitten, it was the best option."

"Fuck that Dimitri, you know I can have a fucking life without him in it." Amanda answered and I swear I could picture her rolling her eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes." I muttered as seriously as I could and clutched the phone to my ear, sitting straight and waiting for her response.

"Did you put cameras here?!"

"No, but I know you? Oh, and please get a shower and change your clothes. It's been four days and I'm pretty sure you're still wearing your dad's black sweater." I ventured. Knowing how stubborn she was, Amanda must have spent these past few days inside so as to not even see or go out with Levi. I wonder if she even knew about the new article that came out yesterday-

"All right, you are creeping me out now, how do you know what I'm wearing?"

"All I know is that you do this whenever something bothers you. Look you can't sleep on a couch until I come back, you have to go outside and stop avoiding Levi. He's just doing this because your mom asked him to do it. Don't be too harsh on him."

"I'm not... avoiding him. I'm just, I'm just focused on the collection." She defended herself, but her voice cracked a bit at the end.

So she doesn't actually know. Okay, time to tell her the bad news then.

"Kitten just go outside and do whatever you want, paps are gonna talk whether we like it or not and all I care about is you. Articles will appear no matter what, we just have to talk it out."

"Wait, what do you mean? There's something you aren't telling me and- Oh." She stopped.

Fuck.

"Kitten, just don't read it. Is bullshit and-"

"Which magazine?"

"Is pure trash, there's no need to..."

"Tell. Me."

Right so, if you don't tell her everything will be worse, but if you tell her and she READS it, that's a completely different story.

"The pictures are everywhere but for what I could see-" I started trying to delay the news. "Elle has the exclusive." I finally let out.

On the other side of the line, everything was silent for a few seconds.

"Kitten? Am please don't do anything stupid."

"..."

"Kitten?"

"..."

"Amanda Ninn, don't you dare."

"I gotta go, thanks for calling."

a/n

HI CUTIES! I'm finally back!!! Sorry for the short chapter but I swear the next one will be great and longer. Hope you like it!!

Please, don't forget to share, comment and vote. Your feedback means the world to me! Thank you for giving the story a chance, you never fail to amaze me.

Keep rocking!