3

A/N: There is gonna be a character I made up here, but everybody else ( except for Julie) are James Dashner's characters. ALSO, I know I did update in a loooooong time, and I wasn't planning on updating, but thanks to @LMartinez073, I am updating. So you should definitely THANK her, go follow her and read her books! Now thats it so READ MY FELLOW READERS! 

Janson

I glared at Ava. She had to know.

" I won't tell you anything," Ava Paige snarled. Julie slapped her right across the face, and I grinned. I could see the red outline of Julie's fingers on Ava's cheeks. 

"Janson, why are you doing this?" Ava asked, looking my way. I slowly walked around her.

"Oh Ava, do you think I really want to find the cure. I'll admit it, I use to, but now I'm not too sure. I kinda like being a crank, you know? Gives me the chance to show my inner feelings. Makes me feel alive," I replied, snarling. 

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Ava screeched back at me.

"Of course I do. Its my brain!" I yelled back at her. I could see Julie standing in the corner of the room, along with three other guards. " Bring me the table and a chair! I'm getting tired!" I screamed at the guards. One of them rushed outside and the other two dragged the table to where I was, making an eeerk noise. My jaw clenched as I narrowed my eyes at the guards. They looked down at the floor and rushed to Julie's side. Seconds later, the other guard brought in a chair. 

"Took you long enough," I muttered, bringing the chair towards me, resting my arms on the table. The guard jogged over to Julie. I gave Ava and intimidating look, but she sat there, looking straight into my eyes. At the corner of my eye, I saw Julie smacking the guards at the back of their heads, and a smile tugged at the corner of my mouth. 

"You could really work on that intimidating look," Ava advised, mocking my face. I tensed, frowning. She seemed to notice.

"Am I pushing those buttons of yours?" Ava asked, smirking. I clenched my jaws and and fists. I stood up, sending my chair falling back. Before I could do anything, Julie rushed to my side, calming me. 

"Hey, calm down. I don't want to see you walking around, killing people we need," Julie comforted, running her hand up and down my arm.

" Is this an interrogation session, 'cause it feels like I'm interrupting a family night," Ava interrupted, looking towards us. 

" Let me handle this. I'll teach this smart-arse some manners," Julie whispered, walking away from me and towards Paige.

Julie

I walked away from my uncle and headed towards Chancellor Paige. I pushed the table out of the way and set my hands on the arms of the chair.

" Now, why did you help Thomas to the Paradise?" I asked calmly, glaring into her eyes.

" Well telling you the answer wouldn't hurt," she muttered. " I'm no Einstein, but I knew examining Thomas' brain wouldn't do any good, and that we had no chance. So why not we let these kids have the life they deserve!" Ava yelled. She squirmed in her seat, fingers trying to get out of the rope's grasp. She stared into my eyes.

" Ah, well I'm no Einstein, but I'm sure you aren't telling me something," I responded, tilting my head, smiling and lifting her chin to face me, She avoided my eyes. My smile quickly vanished as pulled on her bun. She winced and yelped. I smirked, knowing that hair was the ultimate weakness. Thats why I have mine tucked inside my shirt. 

" You won't get anything out of me. I won't say a word," Ava replied. I just smiled at that. 

" Bring the girl!" I yelled to the guard, who ran out seconds later. I still stared at the so-called chancellor. Uncle Janson should be chancellor. After all, he isn't the one strapped onto the chair. The guard came in, after the crying little girl, known as Isabella Paige. 

" Let go of me!" she yelled, the guard obeying.

" Isabella!" Ava screamed, reaching out to her child. 

"No-uh! Not until you tell me what you're hiding!" I say, pointing my index finger her way. I grabbed onto Isabella.

" Well I already see my daughter, and thats enough. I won't say a thing," Ava spat back, trying to sound  like she didn't care. I could already sense the worry in her. So I decided to play along.

" Okay then. How 'bout now?" I asked, pulling my pistol out of my boots and setting them on the girl's head. She cried out, which caused my smile to grow. 

" M-mommy! P-please save me!" Isabella cried out, which caused Ava to squirm in her seat.

" Fine! I'll tell you!" she screamed. " Just please let my child go!"

" Not until you tell me," I replied.

" There is a chance that there is the cure there," Ava admitted, leaving me surprised. A cure? No way.

" You're lying!" I replied, pulling her bun back. She yelled.

" No I am not! The cure... its called snow," she said. Snow? The word was slightly familiar.

" It snows there. The cold will freeze part of the brain, and the Flare would be terminated because of the coldness," Ava explained. It did make sense. I pulled the gun away from the little girls head,and released my grasping her. She ran towards her mother, giving her a hug. I walked towards the guards.

" Kill them," I whispered, and then headed out, along with Janson. 

" What did you tell them?" he asked. I held a finger up, signalling him to wait. After a few seconds, two gunshots were heard, and I smiled. 

" That," I replied, continuing to walk on. 

" How are we gonna get into the Paradise?" Janson asked.

" Not we, someone else. And that someone will help us get into the Paradise," I replied.

" Who?" Janson asked desperately.

" Oh uncle, why so desperate?" I asked jokingly.

" Just tell me!" he almost yelled. I stopped walking, and turned to face him.

" Teresa," I replied, smiling. He smiled too, as we both continued to walk.

_ - * - _ - * - _ - * - _ - * - _ - * - _ - * - _ - * - _ - * - _ - * - _ - * -_ 

A/N: Sorry for these weird patterns ^^

Anyways so this chapter???????? Yeah sorry it sucks :p

But I was just busy working on my book Bittersweet.I'm trying to finish it by August 31, so yeah, sorry for all the weird updating stuff. So thats a heads up, 'cause I probably won't update after a while.

Thanks for reading this fanfic!! You guys are honestly the best!!! XD