17

Teresa's POV

Its been two days since I've been running. And today's the day when I press the button to activate the bomb hidden in the walls of the hospital. Janson has been telling me to set it off ever since the day I ran. But I can't find myself to do it. Is killing all these people really worth it?

Of course it is! Why else would I send you here, Janson screamed in my head.

Oh hey there, I reply.

Why do you think I sent you here?

Well you did send me against my own will, I replied.

Ugh, you're so frustrating. You don't want me to make you scream do you, Janson threatens.

Fine, fine! When should I blow it up?

Now, Janson demands. Then he is gone. I look at the little gemstones on my bracelet and carefully take one out, making sure not to drop it. I could barely see the little button that would set off the bomb on it. I hold it up to the sun, and a beam of light shines in my eyes. I quickly lower the gem, accidental dropping it, and shut my eyes. I stared right at the ground knowing I was doomed. What I didn't know was that people from outside could see the shine too.

I could hear a few voices after a while, and my frantic search for the gem was cut short. I pressed my back against the closest tree trunk, trying to listen to anything they say.

"I swear I saw something flashing from around here," a young boy states.

"Are you sure, little boy? Nothing is here," Sonya says. What is she doing here?

"Oh he's sure," Gally says. "I saw that little shuckfaced traitor run into these woods."

They actually let him out? I softly scuffed, then widened my eyes, cupping by my hand over my mouth. They stopped talking and looked my way. I looked back at the ground, hoping I would catch a glimpse of the gem. But it was no hope; I would have to leave now if I wanted to live.

With all my might, I quietly inched towards the tree trunk too my left, hoping I wouldn't step on any leaves on the way. Smiling, I moved on to the next tree and the next, all without crunchy leaves to step on. Once I was far away, I looked to where Gally, Sonia, and the little boy was. They were walking towards where I was, searching everywhere.

The little boy suddenly looked my way, and I quickly hid behind the tree, hitting my head in the process. I cursed under my breath, hoping the boy wouldn't see me.

"I told you Gally, there's nothing here. If Teresa is here now, she's probably hiding and we won't be able to find her," Sonya stated.

I slowly look back and then. Fortunately, their backs were to ms.

"And why are you giving up exactly? Are you working with Teresa?" Gally accused.

"No, I am not!" Sonya shouted back at him. "Why are you so passionate about finding her anyway?"

"Because she ruined my life, don't you get it?" Gally yelled back at her.

While the two were arguing, the bit ventured towards a tree, and picked up something from the ground. My eyes widened as I saw it shine and flash in the sun. He ran back to Gally, and tugged on his sleeve.

Gally turned to him, furiously. "What do you want now Will?"

"I think I found the thing that Teresa was shining," he stated.

"Well that is useless. Unless you know where Teresa is, you are no help," Gally snarled.

"Gally!" Sonya yelled. "It's okay Will, you are really helpful. Without you, we wouldn't have been here in the first place. We'll send the gem to Minho where he can analyze it."

"Well, I do know where Teresa is. She's..."

By that point, I couldn't here him; I could only here the heart pumping as I run through the dense forest, hoping don't bump into trees, or make much noise, or get caught.

And as I run through the forest, the only thought in my head is about a little boy named Will.

+
Minho's POV
+

It's been a few minutes since Gally, Sonya, and a young boy gave me a little jewel that was supposedly Teresa's. Why is this thing so important?

I looked a bit more closely at it. It was a light green, and really really small. On a flatter side of it, was an intricately carved diamond. Right at the tip of it was a small, round thing that looked button. Below it were three words, and they were much smaller than the button.

"Property of-" I was murmuring, but I got cut off with a voice I expected sooner or later.

I turn around and see her with a knife against the boy's, Will's, neck, her other hand placed on top of his mouth. There were tears in his eyes, and he was clawing at her hands, but it was no hope.

"Give me the gem, or little Will here dies," Teresa says.

•~•+•~•+•~•

sorry for not updating, I've got a bunch of projects I have to work on and I was sick a while ago

Ramadan Kareem to all Muslims out there! I'm kinda late but it's better than never!

I would've updated a week or so ago but my writing didn't save so I had to rewrite it

left you at that cliffy srry ahaha