19

Teresa's POV

It's been three days (more like three months whoops). I tossed the gem back and forth between my hands. Word has spread, and they hate me more than ever. I shift uncomfortably; the tree trunks deep in the forest were too rough

Why didn't you  press the button Teresa, Jenson asked.

I can't find the right time. Minho keeps getting to me, I replied. 

Then go for the things he treasures, Jenson says. I furrow my eyebrows, not understanding what he was saying. Gather your weapons Teresa, Janson said. I stood up, making my way towards my old house. I was careful not the step on any leaves. A man was standing near the front door, his arms crossed around his black tee-shirt. I smirked at him, and made my way toward the backyard, where the backdoor was unlocked. They couldn't get dumber than this, Janson said, as I smiled at his comment. 

I made my way toward the living room, where I kept all the boxes. They were untouched. A small layer of dust caked the top. It was untouched. Nevermind, Janson said. I quietly opened each box, sliding knives into my boots and guns into my belt. As I left the house, Janson came back.

It's time to pick up where we left off.

. . .

I made my way toward Harriet's house. It wasn't very far nor guarded, which made my journey easier. I tiptoed to her colourful garden, stepping on them to get to the backdoor. A small note was taped on it. I ripped it off and read it. 

Minho,

Meet me by the trees near the cafeteria after you meet with Thomas. I left the backdoor unlocked for you so you could get your keys you left the other day.

xx Harriet

I let go of the note, smiling at the unlocked door. I slowly opened, hoping she was there unprotected. I shut the door and looked around the kitchen. It was fairly empty, except for the keys on the table.

"Harriet," I called out, trying to imitate Minho.

"Here!" she responded from above. I made my way up the stairs and called for her again.

"I'm in my bedroom. Third door to the right!" she called. I made my way over and opened the door slowly to see Harriet brushing her hair.

"Do you have a cold? You sound a bit weir -" she said turning around, screaming when she saw me. I ran to her and covered her mouth up, gripping her arm. She bit it and I yelped, letting go of her. She sprinted out the door, heading for the stairs. I race after her, and push her down the stairs. She hit every step, groaning on the way down. 

I smile, slowly making my way downstairs. I yank her up by her hair and pull my knife out, placing it against her neck. She whimpered, giving up. 

"Now, lets go meet your beloved Minho," I say, pushing her out the front door. I pick up the note, shoving it my pocket. We snuck through the forest, my knife still against her neck. 

"Don't think about escaping," I whisper. "I don't think you want another knife in your hamstring." 

Harriet glares at me as we approach Tom's house. We stay behind two trees and slip the gem into her pocket as she watches. I shove her away.

"Look, what you're going to do is lure Minho into the forest. Say that you want to move up the date you have together," I instruct. 

"What makes you think I'll do that for you?" Harriet asks, crossing her arms.