16

Teresa's POV

It was nightfall when it was time to hold Harriet's trial. She and I had a long conversation beforehand. 

~Flashback~

I entered the place where Harriet and Gally were being held at. It was fairly clean for a prison, but then again the two were the firsts to ever be held in this place. Though it looked clean, it definitely didn't smell anything like it. It smelled like a sewer and rotting dirt. I still don't get why they decided to build it underground.

Before I could reach them, I bumped into a guard. Cursing under my breath, I turned to face him, pulling an innocent face. 

"Hi there," I said, smiling. The guard just stood frowning. He had dirty brown hair and cold, dark blue eyes. 

"What are you doing here?" he sternly asked. 

"Well, Mr ..." I was saying.

"Carter," he replied, sounding pissed.

"I am here to ask Harriet some questions about why she did what she did," I answered. 

"I thought that was this night?" he asked, looking suspicious.

"Do you want me to tell Tom about this?" I threatened him, losing my patience.

"Uh...no," he hesitated. "Come this way."

He led me down an empty, dark hall, with torches lighting it. All the cells held nothing, except for the last two. Harriet was on my left, and Gally was on my right. When the guard returned to his post, I leaned on the dirt wall and looked between the both of them.

"So how are things?" I ask innocently.

"You little crank! Why are you doing this?" Gally screamed at my face.

"I don't think you really wanna yell," I replied, sliding a knife out of my combat boots. 

"Teresa, what has gotten into you?" Harriet asks quietly. 

"Nothing at all," I sneer. "Just seeing the world as it should be seen."

"And why is that?" 

"Well all of you need to feel the pain that the whole world, including me, has gone through. You don't 

"Why are you even here?" Gally grumbles, clutching the metal bars.

"Well, you're going to be interrogated tomorrow," I start. "And you will say that you were the one who killed the doctor."

"But-"

"You will!" I screamed, throwing the knife at the floor. The guard heard and turned towards the hall.

"Uh- Miss? Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yep," I responded, glaring at the two. I yanked the knife out of the wall. 

"Now, if you don't follow the rule, then i'll just kill you slower than I would have," I said, smiling.

"You-you're actually going to kill me?" Harriet stutters, looking vulnerable. A bit too vulnerable. 

"Yeah, if you don't shut your shucking mouth," I hiss. "Be good."

And with that I strut across the hall and out the door, knowing I'm winning the game. 

~End of Flashback~

It's almost time. I start to head out towards the field near the small canyon. No one else is near me, which brings a smile to my face. That means everyone is slowly dying. I can hear the bell ringing across the meadow. It's starting. 

Harriet and Gally were in chains, and behind them were Minho and Tom. Minho held a long spear, which I kept an eye on. A few others were gathered around, watching. I stood near the back, so I could make a quick escape if I needed to. They were dragged near the edge, but not too close that they could throw themselves over. Minho held a pained expression as he began talking.

"We are gathered here today because two of our fellow gladers have commented crimes," Minho says. A large boo is cast. Harriet looks down at her chained hands, while Gally has his head high in the air. 

"We will first start with Gally," Minho says. "Gally, you were accused of killing Dr. Stewart, but you were not the one to. Is that true?"

"Yes," Gally bravely replied. He looked me straight in the eyes. "I was definitely not the one who killed him."

"If you think Gally is not guilty, and should be freed, raise your hands," Tom says. Most people raise their hands, including me. Minho nods at the crowd. 

"Now for Harriet," Tom says. "Harriet, you've been accused of murdering Dr. Stewart. The proof has been shown in this jacket that was worn by the murderer that was found in your backyard. Is this true?"

By time Tom finished his sentence, Minho disappeared. Probably since he couldn't handle watching Harriet die.

"No," Harriet says, hunting for me with her eyes. I knew she couldn't be that weak.

 I glare at her and move away from the crowd so I can clearly see Harriet. I pull out my knife and aim at her, throwing the knife. It stabs her hamstring, and she screams out. I pull out a second knife and aim it, but the sound of a gunshot stops me. The bullet lands about a feet away from me. I turn to see wear it came from, expecting to see one of the guards. But instead, I see Minho clutching a pistol, an angry look in his eyes. 

I start running into the forest, swallowed up by it's trees. Once I think I'm far enough, I lean on the tree, catching my breath. Minho could have killed me back there, but he gave me time. Time for what? Time to run? But why? Whatever it is, I need to thank him. He spared my life, and now, I know that I have to spare his.

Wherever he is now, I hope that he's not near the hospital anytime soon.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

okay don't worry I'm not dead

OMG I'VE BEEN GONE FOR A CENTURY TF AM I DOING

ahahahaha guys I'm moving

thats why i wasn't updating and stuff

plus i have around two tests everyday 

and its MAP test week 

UGH 

sorrrrrryyyyyyyy i feel so bad :(

tbh you guys are the best

~afrahhhh