13

Teresa's POV

We walked through the soft meadow and towards the small shack that held almost every person Janson poisoned. Every person I poisoned. I could see the permanent frown etched into Tom's face, his state of happiness slowly ebbing away with every brisk step he takes. I never wanted to hurt him in anyway, but Janson seemed to have different plans. We reached the door, and Thomas slowly opened it, peaking in, before fully opening the door.

He looked at all the innocent people lying down on the soft mattresses. Only one doctor was running around the room. When he saw Thomas, he sighed and ran towards him.

"I'm so relieved you're here. Most of the patients aren't getting better. The poison has effected their brains, but they are trying to fight it. It seems there  brain isn't functioning properly, and they have issues performing regular tasks, like breathing. Thomas, they are going to die," the doctor explained, sighing at the end.

"Isn't there anything you can do? Anything we can do?" I asked frantically. I want to try to help everyone, to pay for what I did.

"Luckily I have found a substance that can help with the pain. It's called ibuprofen. I've been trying to get it from the people who sent us here, but they refused. Can you please request it?"

Thomas nodded at what the doctor said, and turned towards me. I nodded in response.

"Is there anything else we can do?" Thomas asked. The doctor shook his head, and craned his neck to the sound of violent coughing.

"I better get going, you two. Don't drink the water in the cafeteria!" The doctor said, briskly walking back towards the patients.

We exited the room, and went over to where we get the things. It was a bit different from the one in the glade. The box wasn't as huge, and was built out of what looked like metal and steel. It looked bendable, but probably stronger than it looked. The flat trans was just meters away. Thomas pulled out a tiny piece of paper from his front pocket and a little pencil from his back pocket. I rose my eyebrows as he looked towards me.

"What?" he asked, a smiling breaking onto his lips.

"So you just randomly keep a piece of paper and a pencil in your pockets?" I responded.

He shrugged. "Just in case of events like this."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled as Thomas wrote down a word in scribbly handwriting.

ibuprofen

He dropped it into the box, and we both watched it descend into the dark hole, hoping WICKED -or whoever lead us here- retrieved it. We both looked at each other and sighed.

"I'm going to head home know," Thomas said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Okay. I'm just going to stay here for a while," I replied. Thomas nodded and left me alone.

With Janson.

Oh Teresa, he said. Guess who's back?

What do you want, I asked.

Oh its just that fact that you asked for ibuprofen.

So, I replied.

What do you need it for?

Shut up Janson! You already know.

Not exactly, Janson said.

We need it to help the sick patients, I replied.

Are you sure about that, Janson asked.

Yeah thats what the doctor said... what are you going to do?

Nothing. But hmm, why are they sick again?

Because of you, you monster! You did this to them, I screamed at him.

Did I really, or was that just all you?

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at the dark, mysterious sky. What does he mean?

Until next time, Teresa Agnes, Janson said, and then disappeared. His presence makes me stiff and feel locked up, but when he leaves, it is like my mind is free. I bury my head into my hands, and sigh. When I look up, I feel a wave of tiredness and fall to the ground. At first everything is quiet, until I hear the metal groan of chains and gears pulling up weight.

It is the box. And its bringing up the ibuprofen.

Right then, I black out.

~ ~

heyyyy okayyyy sorry for the long waiiiiit

I'm actually really sorry :|

My ankle is healing quite well (thankfully), but I kind of dropped my laptop and can't exactly use it.....

yeah yeah call me clumsy or whatever

SO I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO UPDATE IN SOME TIME, SINCE IT TAKES LONGER TO WRITE ON A PHONE!

please be aware of that!

ALSOOOOO, I planned all my chapters and stuff, and there are only gonna be like seven-ish chapters left :(( I wanna make it longer, so if you have any ideas, PUT IT ON THIS LINE AND COMMENT SOME STUFF :) It'll be totally awesome if you do so, and I'll even tag/dedicate you if I feel like using it :)))

off topic, but hAVE YOU SEEN COLOURS BY HALSEY LIKE OH MA SHUCK IT IS AMAZINGGGGGG GO WATCH IT DOWN HERE

its so huge oh mah shuck

i am actually really sorry that you have to go through all of this

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK

~datcupcakethough