21

Before you read, I just have to thank you guys so much! Last time I checked, there were around 4.3K reads!!! THANK YOU all so much for putting up with my lack of updates and short chapters. You guys are the greatest ❤︎❤︎❤︎

Also, I have a fever code thing here, but it isn't that major. I'll warn you guys.

Thomas' POV

Quiet. Trees. Abandoned houses. That's all I hear and see these days. I don't leave my house anymore; neither does anybody else. 

I look out the window, as I do everyday, my eyes searching for a sign of life. I didn't see anyone, as usual. I only hear the screams of those who get murdered by Teresa.

Teresa. The girl who changed completely. My first best friend. The girl who betrayed us all. Why did she change? Why did it have to be her, out of all people. Why did she have to go against all of us when we did nothing to her?

I clench my fists. Who does she think she is? Taking away lives of the innocent that have gone through so much; taking away the lives of not only her friends, but little children as well? No one is allowed to take away lives. No one is allowed to control death.

But she went through so much. 

I wipe the tears that have fallen unknowingly, staring back outside, looking for people I knew weren't alive.

I only found one body last week: Harriet. I don't know if Brenda or Aris is alive. I don't know if my last best friend, Minho, is even alive. I smile, knowing his shuck self should be alive; he's too smart for Teresa. I can't want to find him jokingly hate on the food Frypan makes as he smiles.

 Frypan. I know he's alive. He's the only one I see around here. I smile, remembering that we are gonna be meeting up this afternoon to just talk. Luckily I met him yesterday.

Yesterday. My slight smile automatically turns into its regular frowning state. We met searching for the scream of the girl who was attacked yesterday. We both hoped that someone had managed to disarm and defeat Teresa, and that the screams we heard from her. But as usual, we were wrong. 

This time, Sonya was murdered. Her head was cracked open and she was surrounded by a pool of thick blood. We had both looked at each other, pale in the face, before lifting her up by arms and legs and bringing her to what was left of hospital Teresa blew up. We took one of the caskets left in the back and threw her in there, her blood caked on our bodies. Then we took her to the little cliff located near the hospital, the roaring river still angry. We dropped her corpse into the river, watching as it reached the bottom of the cliff, the currents swallowing it and taking her with them. That's what we do with all the bodies we find nowadays. 

(Fever Code Stuff Begins)

Sonya. She was the only person who reminded her of Newt. Sonya was Newt's sister before everyone had started and Teresa and he had ruined everyone's lives. Newt. The person who took care of him when he first came to the glade, the person who helped everyone and held us all together when we felt like breaking. Newt, the one who had gone crazy. 

(Fever Code Stuff Ends)

I tear my gaze from the window and towards my outfit. It was the same one I wore since Harriet has died, the blood of her and Sonya caked onto it. I left my spot, stretching out my muscles since yesterday, and made my way towards my room, where I changed into a new shirt and pants. I glanced at the mirror, and saw a tired, broken boy covered in grim and dirt and pain, his eyes drooping from the lack of sleep he had received. I winced as I touched a bruise on my hand that I had gotten from looking for Teresa.