22

oh my what so I just realized this book had 4.6K reads and I'm just wondering how?? well thank you guys so much for taking your time to read this fanfic! have a great day guys!

Thomas' POV

"Murderer," Gally repeats, lunging at Frypan right after. I step back, shocked at the action. Once I realized what happened, I pulled Gally away from Frypan.

"What do you mean?" I ask Gally. He was still glaring at Frypan, and he still had his knife, which was thankfully clean.

"Thomas, don't listen to what he says. He's obviously crazy. Look at him!" Frypan protests. I stare at his tense form, and start to get suspicious. Why did he say that to me before Gally said anything?

"Speak," I curtly tell Gally. Gally glares at all of us before responding.

"Frypan killed Brenda," Gally calmly states, twirling the knife in his hands.

"What?" I question, turning to Frypan. He gulps, turning to one side. "Is this true?"

"I- uh," Frypan stutters, refusing to look me in the eyes. I let go of Gally and harshly turn Frypan's shoulders so he faces me. Frypan lets out a small squeak before we make eye contact.

"Yes," Frypan replies. I immediately frown and turn away, clutching my hair. Brenda was probably the only person I truly trusted in this place, along with Frypan. Well I guess it's only Brenda now. But now she's dead.

Out of anger, I take a swing at Frypan. I  hit his jaw, causing him to fall back. I go at him again, this time at his stomach. I could feel the bruises start to form on my knuckles, but I feel no pain. Not anymore I don't.

"You know how much she means to me," I say, shoving him back. He falls on the floor. "So why did you kill her?" I ask, lifting him up by his collar. He makes no effort to stop me.

"I th-thought it was for your safety!" Frypan responds. "You also trusted Teresa at the time, and looked what happened to her. How was I supposed to know that Brenda wouldn't go against us as well?"

I glare at him, slowly understanding what he's trying to say. I let him go, and he falls onto his couch. Will runs from the corner of the room where he was watching to Frypan, asking if he was alright. I turn away, feeling guilty, and face Gally, who was pacing in the kitchen.

"Where is she?" I ask him. He stares back at me, stopping in his tracks for a second before continuing with his pacing.

"I found her in the bush beside her house. It seemed like she was going out," Gally responds.

"When did you find her? And how... bad is it? I ask him again.

"I found her about an hour ago. I went looking for you first, but when I couldn't find her, I came here to teach Frypan a little lesson," Gally replies, glaring at Frypan. "It seems like she was stabbed in the heart. Is that true Frypan?"

Frypan chokes on a sob. "Yeah, that's what I did," he confirms, starting to tear up. "It was the first time I hurt someone like that."

"It could've been not at all, but you changed that," I respond, trying to keep my voice from wavering. "But that's in the past, and we need to move on."

"We need to move on?" Gally protests. "This shank just killed someone and you're here saying that we need to move on? Are you out of your mind!" Gally screams. He grips the knife hard, and slightly raised his hand. I put my hands up and try to mollify him.

"Hey, hey, that's not what I meant. I'm just saying that we aren't each other's enemies. The real enemy is out there, planning her next move," I say, looking everyone in the eyes.

"So what do you plan, oh-so-wise leader?" Gally says, clenching his jaw.

"Couldn't you be more polite? Thomas is trying to do something good for all of us," Frypan quietly says.

"Yeah," Will says, backing Frypan up. Gally sharply turns his head to where Frypan and Will are seated, raising his eyebrows.

"You're one to talk, Frypan," Gally responds. "And you, you pesky little shank, should be careful who you hang with."

"Hey! Frypan is actually a great person!" Will responds, defending Frypan, to which he softly smiles. "He took care of me when no one would."

"Whatever," Gally mumbles, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, no fighting!" I yell. "Remember, we're on the same side."

"Sure doesn't seem like it," Gally mumbles again. I glare at him before continuing.

"So what I think we should do is move Brenda to an appropriate area. Maybe inside her house or somewhere we won't see her. Next, we need to deal with Teresa. We have to find out where she is hiding and what she is planning. You guys good with that?"

"Yep," Gally responds, heading for the door. "Let's go."

"One more thing," I say, "Will can't go with us. He's too young to see these things."

"Oh come on!" Will protests, but Frypan interjects and quietly talks to him.

I follow Gally through the door along with Frypan, who waved to a grumpy Will. We all walked side by side, heading towards Brenda's house.

"Hey, was the metallic thing in your basement the knife you used to kill Brenda?" I asked Frypan, remembering the flash of metal I saw before.

"No," Frypan responded, furrowing his eyebrows. "I threw it out right when I got home. Why would you think that?"

"No reason," I mutter, thinking what that flash could be. Before I could get far in my train of thought, we made it to Brenda's house. Gally walked to the nearest bush from us, and slowly pulled  something out. It was Brenda.

She looked like a regular human, if you ignored the large spot of red on her chest. I choked down a sob and covered my mouth. Brenda, the girl who believed in me. The girl who never doubted me. The girl that loved me.

"I got her arms," Gally says, indeed holding onto her arms. Frypan slowly steps forward and grabs her legs. I make my way to her door, opening it so they could bring her body through. We lay her on one of her couches. I rip off a curtain and lay it on top of her, covering her from us. We quietly make our way out of her house and make our way back.

"I'm so sorry," Frypan says, breaking the silence. I look towards him and slightly smile.

"I forgive you. I get why you did it, even if it is unjustifiable," I respond, slinging my arm around him and side hugging him.

"Thanks Thomas. But I don't forgive myself. I don't think I ever will," Frypan quietly states, shrugging out of my reach.

"Uh guys," Gally says. We look up at him, confused. "I think we have a problem."

We both look ahead and our eyes widen . In front of us stood Will, who had a knife against his throat. He whimpered when he saw us, tears threatening to spill.

"Took you guys long enough," Teresa says, staring into my eyes. "Don't want your little Will to end up like Brenda do you?"

•  •  •

ay guess who finally got this done! It's been such a long wait, sorry guys!

By the way this is unedited so yikes to me

I'm finally on summer break, so hopefully I can finish this soon! My goal is to finish this by the end of July.

Anyways, have a great day guys!