24

a/n : do you guys like the cover? should i change it?

Teresa's POV

I suddenly woke up, shooting up from my lying position and taking my knife out of my boot. 

"Who's there?" I yell, looking around me. It seemed like I made it back to home base. I could see the weirdly patterned trees that had attracted me to this place the first time I was here. I was back home. I heard the floorboards creak behind me and immediately throw my knife. 

"Hey! It's just me!" Aris yells from the ground, peering up and the knife that would've killed him if he hadn't ducked. I widen my eyes and look towards him in anger.

"How do you know about this place?" I ask him, slowly making my way towards him.

"Hey, I'm on your side here," Aris nervously replies, throwing his hands in the air. I glare at him. "Fine, you told me, remember?"

I slam him against the wall and take the thrown knife out of the wall and put it under his Adam's apple. "Don't lie to me," I sneer.

 He gulps and answers again, "Don't you remember? I found this place and I agreed to help you out with your little killing spree. I was the one who brought you here. By the way, what were you doing out on the field by yourself? Were you taking a nap because I feel y-"

"Shut up!" I yell, walking away towards the window. I remembered now. Something was up with Janson. It was like he didn't remember anything. Was it the bliss? 

"Hey, sorry to burst your little thought session, but I've got bread downstairs and I don't know about you but I am pretty hungry," Aris says from the door. I turn to glare at him again. "Okay fine, don't eat," he mumbles, walking away. 

I stare back out the window. Is Janson actually okay? Hey Janson, are you there? I ask, but he doesn't reply. I furrow my eyebrows and close my eyes, trying to feel a connection, but my mind feels empty. I look back out the window, and at a bunch of trees that shaped something that looked like an p, h, and a. Huh, I guess I never really realized how weird the trees were. I shrugged, leaving the room to go find Aris.

I jogged down the stairs and located the kitchen, where I saw Aris shoving a fist full of grapes into his hands. I clear my throat, making sure to make a ton of noise, and lift my eyebrows. Aris notices and glances my way, choking as he realized what he was doing.

"Oh my sticks I am sorry, what was I even doing?" Aris says, murmuring the last part. I smile amusingly at him and lean on the counter.

"Never knew you were that hungry," I said, watching his every move. He rolled his eyes and leaned beside me, before looking at me.

"So when are we gonna go out?" Aris said. I lifted my eyebrows in response. Aris widened his eyes once he realized what he said. "I- I meant get out of this house and do what we're gonna do. Oh my sticks that doesn't help it," Aris stammers, hanging his head. I just laugh in response. 

"I still have no idea what you're saying," I replied to him, grabbing a few grapes and shoving them into my mouth. Aris furrowed his eyebrows.

"You wanted to get Tom today, and y'know, terminate him," Aris says, scratching his head. I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking for a second before remembering that I planned to do that exactly. 

All of a sudden I was hit by a headache. I closed my eyes, stumbling backwards. I clutched my head, and crouched, wondering when the pain was gonna go away. Luckily, just as I had thought that, it had slightly faded. 

"Hey are you okay?" A boy with brown hair asked, making his way to me. I raised my fists and glared at the unknown boy. He suddenly stopped in his place, eyeing my clenched fists. "Aren't you going to use the knife in your boot like last time?" he asked, nodding to my left foot. I furrowed my eyebrows and reached for my left boot, finding the knife as the boy had said. 

"How did you know that was there?" I asked him, raising the knife. 

"I'm your partner, Aris! Are you okay? You've asked the same thing this morning? Are you on the bliss or something?" the boy, Aris, replied. I shut my eyes when everything hit me again.

"I'm... sorry," I said, putting the knife down. "I don't know what's happening to me," I muttered to myself.

"Maybe it's all the killing that you've been doing," Aris mumbles under his breath. I glared at him playfully.

"Don't be a slinthead," I yelled at him, smiling. He looked at my, slightly smiling.

"Uh, what's that?" He asks, scratching his head. I roll my eyes and gesture him to get ready. 

"Come on, we're leaving now," I say, heading out the door.

+   +   +

sorry for the short chap, it's more of a filler

so teresa is losing her memory, hmmm i wonder why ;)

you guys want an author q&a or something??

okay so recent obsession is blackbear wHAT AN AMAZING ARTIST I LOVE

if y'all are into kpop, then check out my board kpop aesthetics on pinterest (link in bio) ;)))))

this book is almost over, thank you for everyone whose been reading and supporting me! I love you guys so much!

IF Y'ALL WANNA TALK OR JUST CHILL HIT ME UP 

- afrah xx