epilogue

WICKED Memorandum, Date 232.5.13 , Time 02:22

TO: My Associates

FROM: Julie

RE: The Cure Has Been Found

It has been a long journey. A very long indeed. Many of you do not know the full story of how we got to where we are.

Before I get started, I must mention that we have finally discovered a cure for the Flare. We finally have a cure, but it is not very effective. Yet. As of now, we know that the cure consists of injecting a few chemicals into the bloodstream and covering the the patient in either ice cold water or snow. This slows down the process of the Flare and gives time for the chemicals to work its way into the brain and modify the genome of the crank brain. Then, the patient must rest in a special incubator that helps the body fight off the virus for good.

If you are wondering, we have already tested this out on me, Ms. Julie Liane, one of the first cranks. I had been experimentally injected and had been expected to pass, but miraculously I had lived to be cured.

This cure had come to be when WICKED had first prepared to release the virus to control the exponential increase in population. Due to many factors, humans were reproducing faster than the world could ever handle. There were too many of us, and not enough space. To defeat that, WICKED manufactured the 'virus' and had released it to the world. The virus' purpose was to "turn on" a certain switch in one's brain that caused it to become crazy of exposed to a massive amount of heat. Scientists at WICKED had known the heat waves were approaching, so they decided to make the virus as it is. 

Munies are those who's brains didn't quite receive the message transmitted by the virus. Somehow, their brains rejected it. Ava Paige had dedicated her life to finding why it happened. We believed she was approaching the idea in the wrong light, so we got her out of the picture. We are not here to induce violence and inflict pain on others. We are here to change the world for the better.

What we did find was similar brain patterns within the Munies. That is how we realized they were actually Munies. A certain part of their brains function a bit differently than regular humans, according to an old study done by WICKED faculty a few years ago. If you want the document, contact me.

The cure was the reverse of what we had made. Instead of switching the certain part of the brain "on", the brain decides to keep it "off". The cure is simply that, but it does not work immediately. That is why we need the ice, so the virus is slow enough that the cure can work it's magic,

We must send a message out to those who are still living. We need to mass produce this cure and distribute it throughout the world. But before we do, we need to test it on someone else first.

Fortunately, we have found another subject to be tested. Most of you know him as Newt. We have him prepared to be injected tomorrow.

Please know that this will be the end of our misfortunes and the end of our fall. We will rise as a new generation and we will prosper.

Remember this: WICKED is no more. We are now UNITY, and we will be here to serve you and the world.