27

a/n: thank you for 6K!!! I am so thankful that so many people stumbled upon this story and have decided to read it !

Third Person POV

Thomas' ears rang and Teresa tackled him a second time. He looked at her rage filled eyes and mentally broke down, wondering where everything went wrong.

"Get up, you shank!" Teresa yelled at him, her teeth clenched.

Thomas put his hand up, signalling for a small break. Teresa smirked, putting her knife down.

"You're lucky I'm feeling nice today," she said, "or else you would've been dead by now."

.         .          .

Janson opened his eyes, immediately closing them again due to the bright light. He let out a quiet groan and realized there was a hand grabbing his. Janson shot up, looking at the person in alarm. He sighed. It was only Julie

When Julie had overhead the truth from Ava, she had rushed over to Janson and found that a group of scientists were moving him to a room in a gurney. They had hooked him up to a machine that had seemed to fix him up a bit. Right when they headed to the door, Julie had knocked all of them out, locked the door, and had covered all the nearby cameras.

"Where am I?" Janson asked, his head pounding. Julie immeadiatley turned to her uncle and squeezed his hand.

"You're in the hospital wing because you passed out earlier," Julie informed Janson. Janson widened his eyes.

"Huh, I never knew what they gave me would destroy me this early," he murmured.

Julie furrowed her eyebrows once she heard what Janson had said. "You know that the bliss they give you is fake?"

Janson quickly turned to face her, wondering how she knew. He smiled. With a quick look at Julie, Janson started to burst into multiple fits of laughter.

"You overheard that witch, didn't you?" he asked Julie. A look of amusement was present on his tired features.

Julie nodded. She then frowned, remembering the other things she heard as well.

"Is it true that you - or Ava - is killing off the gladers using Teresa?"

"Yes," Janson simply replied. "She had said if I didn't do it, she's threaten to tell you about your past."

"My past? What do you mean?" Julie asked.

"It's better for you to relax Julie. It's gonna be a long one," Janson said as he stared into the deep brown eyes of his "niece": the crank who had received an untested Flare cure and had lived to be human once again.

.                   .                      .

Thomas threw his whole body to the left to avoid Teresa once again. He winced and looked down at his stomach. Blood. It was starting seep through his thin shirt.

Teresa had almost slammed into the tree in front of her. She hadn't seen it before, but it didn't phase her at all. She just stared at Thomas with a glare so powerful that he started to shake.