12

Teresa's POV

I opened my eyes and sat up, but I couldn't control myself. I got up and out of bed and walked over to the box.

Janson, I screamed in my head. What are you doing?

I tried talking to him, but he wouldn't answer. I rummaged through the box.

What am I looking for?

After a while, I grabbed a small tube of what looks like water. Then I grabbed another tube that was filled with a blue liquid, and a pen and a sticky note. I ran out of my house and into the small cafeteria. I poured a bit of the transparent liquid into each of the water filters and water containers until the glass tube held nothing but air. I shoved that into my left pocket, and brought out the tube with the blue liquid in it. I pulled out the sticky note and wrote antidote on it. Then I stuck it to the tube and left it there. I did so many other things, but my memory is hazy. The last thing I remembered before blacking out was pushing open the door to my house.

☠☠

"Teresa!" someone called out. I slowly opened my eyes to see Tom crouching down at me.

"They got you too?" Tom said, looking around the house for something. His eyes locked onto a small plant near the corner. He dug looked through the leaves, and pulled out a small device. He clicked on a button, and a huge screen popped up. It looked exactly like the ones in WICKED.

"We call these ileospects," Tom explained. "They're like security cameras, but really small."

Tom went through all the footage, but there was only darkness.

"Shuck!" Tom yelled. "Everyone's camera was shut down during the night."

"What happened anyways?" I asked. Tom looked at me with a worried look.

"Someone snuck into the cafeteria last night and poisoned the water. A lot of people are sick, but there's only enough antidote for at most 10 people," Tom explained.

A horrifying expression flashed across my face when I reealized that it was me.

I was the one who poisoned the water

Me.

"When I went over to Minho's house, he was sprawled across the floor too. So was Sonya, Harriet, Aris, and Frypan," Tom said, his hair in his hands.

"If I just knew who did it..." Tom whispered. He looked towards me and slightly smiled.

"What?" I asked, crossing my hands.

"Nothing," Tom says. "Just don't eat or drink anything from the cafeteria."

Tom started walking towards the door, when he stopped.

"Hey Teresa," he called.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Do you want to help me find the person behind this?" Tom asked.

I replied, gulping. "Sure."

"Okay, follow me."

We both went out and towards the cafeteria. It had a weird vibe to it. The cafeteria was empty, and plates of food and glasses of water were scattered around the tables.

"Everybody here got poisoned," Tom explained, looking around the room for something. After a while, he hands me a small tube with a bluish liquid in it. I shook, remembering when I placed it here.

"That's the antidote," Thomas says, pointing at the terrible object in my hands.

"Who are we gonna give it to?" I asked Tom, looking at him.

"All of the council members, and maybe a few of the really, really sick people," Tom answered, pushing his hands through his hair. It had grown longer since I first saw him.

"What about the others?"I asked. Tom slammed his hand on a nearby table. I flinched at the loud boom it made.

"I'm so sorry," Tom mumbled, his head in his hands. "I'm just so stressed, I don't know what to do."

"Its fine," I reply. "Plus its my fault, for asking all these questions."

"No, Teresa. Its not," Tom says, looking up at me. "You did nothing to start this."

Little did he know, I thought to myself.

~ ~ ~ ~

Ahhhhh okay I finally finished this!

Sorry for taking so long..... :((

Hope you enjoy!!

~ A