27.Coming undone

Hi people. Sorry for the wait, it's been a tough time writing this one but I got it all straight. Thanks everyone who's still with me, since this stroke, writing has been hard but thanks everybody for your encouragement, you've made it a lot easier.

That being said, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Dick Wolf owns the SVU characters and Doc and Harlan... Sadly they're mine.

*chapter contains rape*

.

"Liv, I need to know that you're okay. Please, call me back."

Elliot knew it was a mistake to leave her and he'd done it against his better judgement but looking to respect what she wanted, he left anyway. (although he did hang outside her door for about a half hour, that's when it hit him that she wasn't joking when she threw him out) Now, as he sat on the road outside Harlan's house where he'd come after leaving her this morning and ending yet another call to her, he had to admit that he was worried and he didn't know why. Knowing Olivia she was probably listening to those calls he made and ignoring them.

"That would be her..." He thought, smiling for a moment as memories of who Olivia used to be flooded his mind then just as quickly disappeared. "But she's not that woman anymore..." It hurt him to think it, shamed him even but he'd seen the look in her eyes, the blank look with no life behind it and suddenly the urge to kill those men overwhelmed him! He screamed repeatedly, hitting the steering wheel again and again, eventually breaking down into tears that he couldn't stop and just sat there sobbing for his friend.

.

In New York City, in Olivia's apartment, she lay in her living room, curled up in a fetal position on the sofa. She'd had a long cry after Elliot left. Cried until her tears ran out and then she just lay there; unmoving, unspeaking. She just lay there, perfectly still though she wasn't trying, with the sunlight shining through the windows from the curtains which were always drawn open even in the rain and wind. She lay there and it was as if she were in a daze, a blank mind for the longest time until she started to think.

"Do you see this?" She pushed up her sleeve and forced Fin to look at her arm. "I did this because near the end I gave up and I- I wanted to die so with the last bit of strength I had that night I tore off my necklace and I sliced my wrist open."

She wished that she had succeeded. In the 5 weeks since she had been rescued from Harlan's house, she had found it a bigger hell just being able to adjust to the world around her and try as she might, she couldn't. Not when every face around her had a secret, every person she saw from her window and the couple times she'd been forced to go out for medical appointments all she could see were men with sick, sad thoughts and she often wondered who they were hurting. Maybe it was a little girl or teenager; or maybe it was a woman like herself- Like herself... I'm not even like myself anymore. She thought, and she wondered if where Harlan was, he could see and was proud. He must be dancing around the fires of hell with Billy at the mess they made; a mess that I can't seem to put back in focus and why should I? The world would go on without me!

"It would, ya know." A voice came from behind her. She shut her eyes to the noise that was Billy. "...go on without you; not that it wouldn't have anyway but now you get the picture."

She didn't bother telling him to leave because in her heart she knew he was right.

"So we agree? Gotta say Olivia..." He took a seat beside her on the couch. "it's about time! See I knew when you made that pitiful attempt at Harlan's that he'd come and stop you. There's no way that he would let you just go with his baby like that...by the way, do you miss those days?" He said close to her ear, trying to rile a response from her but there was none other than the tears that fell from her eyes and trickled onto the sofa.