2.Backtracking

*Chapter contains rape

It had been five days since she stood bound to a table in the granary and forced to watch Lewis put a bullet into his own brain and showering her with his blood. Last spring he'd tortured her and horrendously scarred her body; this time he made sure he'd finished the job of scarring her soul.

"Say goodbye Olivia...this is the last thing you're gonna think about before you die...the last thing you're gonna see"

She shook the memory out of her head and tried to focus on the work in front of her, noticing her phone screen lighting up as yet another call from Brian came through. She knew that he meant well and that he was concerned about her, especially with how she left things with them a week ago. She hadn't meant to be so callous with the way she said goodbye to him but it was all she could do with the emotional state she was in. Sorry Bri, right now it's not you, it's me. she thought as she stared at the screen before declining his call.

Benson. Leave a message.

"Liv hey, it's me again...Brian. Listen, I don't wanna be a pest or anything but this is like my tenth call in a week and I just wanna know if you're alright considering...I shouldn't have let it go that far, I came to you to be a friend and I feel like I took advantage; I don't know, maybe you feel it too which is probably why you won't talk to me... look, Liv I know that we're not together but I care about you; please, just call or text or tweet... considering neither of us have a twitter that's probably not the best idea but just let me know that you're okay; that we're okay - after that you can tell me to fuck off!" he said with a small laugh. "Okay...bye."

He ended the call and stared at his phone wistfully before putting it back in his pocket and leaving the locker room.

... ... ...

Back at the sixteenth, Olivia typed out a quick text to Brian, deciding that he deserved at least that much.

I appreciate the concern but I'm fine. No need to keep calling.

She quickly hit send and tossed the phone onto her desk as Murphy came through the squad room totally surprised to see her.

"Sergeant what the hell are you doing here?" He asked

"Working?"

"I don't mean...you're supposed to be resting, taking it easy"

"I did that, I'm bored"

"After 4 days?"

"You don't know me very well do you?"

"Benson, go home. Watch TV, sleep, take a class I don't care just get out of my squad room before 1PP accuses me of overworking the city's newest hero."

"Murphy..."

"Come on, a week, I gotta at least look like I'm taking care of you"

"Fine!" she relented, tossing her pen and shutting her laptop. She had begun gathering her things when the squad room doors opened and a uni walked in escorting a young woman. She looked to be about 25 was dressed casually in black leggings and a long sweater and she was covered in visible bruises to her face and neck, the most prominent being the black and purple swelling to her left eye that left the young woman unable to even open it.

"Sergeant, we got a spousal rape, wants to file charges" the young officer informed Olivia. Olivia in turn looked over at Murphy as if asking permission and since Neither Fin, Amaro or Rollins were there, he sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Go" he said, the word barely having left his mouth before Olivia was striding across the room to make her way to the victim.

"I'm Sergeant Benson but you can call me Olivia" she said softly to the woman as she led her to the interview room.