45.Going Down

Not much to say. Dick Wolf owns his, I own mine. Enjoy.

*chapter contains rape*
.

Christmas Eve came and for the first time in a long time, she felt blessed. She had good friends in her life who had gotten her through this past year and who she honestly didn't know where she'd be without, and she was especially blessed to have Elliot back in her life.

She was surprised when his kids came over on Christmas eve; none more surprised than Elliot. Maureen brought her husband and Kathleen brought her girlfriend but it was Dickie that had him near tears when he showed up. It took him a while but he was coming around to forgiving Elliot for leaving and decided the first step would be the holiday.

Though the kids had their own plans on Christmas, they came and spent the whole day, all except Eli. Kathy still wouldn't allow Elliot that kind of leeway with him. They still hadn't told the boy that Elliot was his father yet; point blank, she didn't feel that it was something they needed to do right now and Eli didn't exactly know Elliot well at all, so it made the choice easy for Kathy.

After a day spent with the kids, the girls going on to Olivia about how they respect her so much for what she's doing with the baby; they had their hands on her belly half the time, talking to Serena and the other half catching up with Elliot, exchanging gifts and having dinner; it was nearing 10PM by the time they all left. Wishing Olivia good luck, they promised Elliot that he'd see them again soon for another family dinner.

When they left, Olivia sat staring at the tree. It was a huge one; seven and a half feet and so beautiful with all the ornaments and lights, the beautiful angel at the top. She'd never seen anything so beautiful and to think that she took part in decorating made it all the more special. After Elliot had locked up, he came to join her, bringing her a mug of cider.

"Today was a great day" He said, taking a seat beside her where she sat on the floor, looking up at the tree.

"It was." She took a sip from her cider. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time; it hasn't really felt like Christmas in a long time...not since my mom died." A few tears escaped her eyes and she quickly wiped them. "I'm sorry...I'm so emotional!"

"I noticed. You cried about 30 times today." She laughed as she leaned into him and her smile quickly turned to tears.

"You had such an incredible day with your kids and here I am..."

"You miss her; especially now. You're about to have your own baby; her namesake soon, it's natural." He said softly, wrapping her in his arms. "Hey, you think you have it in you to climb the stairs?"

"That depends; what am I climbing for?"

"It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises"

"Just trust me!" He said as he got to his feet and put out his hands for her. She looked at him for a moment then decided to go with him, surprised and touched when she arrived upstairs. "Merry Christmas!" He said upon opening a door that was wrapped in a giant pink bow. He flicked the light switch and she was bathed by a soft light that illuminated a beautifully decorated nursery in hues of rose pink and cream.

"What did you do?" she asked in shock as she carefully walked into the gorgeous nursery.

"...little magic"

"Elliot..." She uttered, completely blown away. She stepped inside and looked at the crib with the canopy, beautiful pink ribbons hanging from it with cream and pink tulle that matched the cradle and rocker perfectly that Fin had given her. Even her name, 'Serena' carved in beautiful pink letters and hanging from the wall. Everything in the room was done in a matching motif complete with the framed pictures of Serena Sr. sitting atop the mantle of the fireplace. "How did you...?" There were tears in her eyes as she looked around the room, speechless. She didn't know how he managed to do it with her in the house most of the time and just the fact that he did.