63.Awake

Chapter 63, and dammit this story wouldn't do what I wanted it to do so here's the deal, I had to break up that last chapter because I couldn't get it to flow the way I wanted to. And I'm currently cursing myself because I thought this would be the last chapter! Anyway, roll with me a little longer.

*chapter contains rape*

.

"...so, will you make me the happiest, proudest man alive, and marry me?"

As she looked down at him kneeling in front of her with that ring, she had so many questions, so many doubts! Here he was, asking her to marry him, but was this what he really wanted? Was it what she wanted? She'd had so many ups and downs this past year, and she had to wonder if him wanting to marry her was a mistake on his part. Did he really understand what he was asking? And not of her, but of himself?

When he asked her before the court date if she would, they both understood that it was simply out of need; at least she did. She loves him so deeply, but what if she's too broken?

"Olivia?" He called softly, bringing her out of her thoughts and she looked at him wide eyed as she held Serena. "Please say yes..."

She looked down at her daughter in her arms, then back at Elliot. She didn't think when they agreed a week ago that they wouldn't get married that he would surprise her with another proposal so soon, and she was scared to death! What about her daughter? What about him? What about her own insecurities. Could he really handle what he was asking of her? Could he hold enough love in his heart for her child, herself, and her problems? They wouldn't be just living together, they'd be man and wife and have to handle all of the responsibility that came with that. Serena was only 3 weeks old, but she loved him and there was no doubt in her mind that he adored her baby girl but was that enough? This was marriage he was talking about; and not for show or play, but real marriage!

Still, she sat there, and as it became clear, and she knew in her heart the right decision to make, she didn't question it, she accepted that it was in fact the right thing and she said to him with tears running down her face...

.

2 years later...

This was officially Amanda's third month back at work since going on extended maternity leave for a year. She ended up taking her degree and going to work for the DA's office as a Forensic Analyst. She'd decided right away in her pregnancy, as she told Fin she would, to get out of police work and she didn't hesitate. Being as she was, without Darrell, and knowing why he couldn't be there for her and the baby was a huge awakening to her and she had to think smarter. She, like it or not was all her baby had, twins as she would find out at her first sonogram, and she couldn't risk one day, not being there.

"I love you, little man!" She said to her son, as he began kissing her cheek while he threw his arms around her neck and hugged her tight and quickly decided that he'd had enough of that.

"Down mama!" He said as he wiggled out of her arms. He saw a puzzle block that he wanted and had to get to it before it got lonely and Amanda laughed as she put him down and watched him toddle off.

"Bye bye mama!" Imani said, waving to her. Amanda went over and kissed her, missing them both already and looking at both her babies. Both were a perfect mix of she and Darrell, having heads full of long, dirty blonde curls and beautiful café au lait skin. Both their faces were his alone, even down to his big brown eyes on Trey, Mani having big clear greens; they were truly beautiful babies.

A year and 3 months ago, in spite of the doctors telling her that multiples didn't go all the way to term, she went two weeks and 2 days overdue before she gave birth to a set of healthy twins, a girl, weighing in at 7lbs 4oz, and a boy weighing in at 7lbs 9oz. 37 hours, 2 broken waters, an earload of bad language and finally, Imani Rose and Darrell James Collins III were born nine minutes apart!