51.Facing Monsters

51, Dick Wolf owns the SVU characters.

*chapter contains rape*

.

Harlan must have tried that lock for an hour. He thought of every number combination he could think of and still nothing. After a while, every time the pad would light up red, signaling that he'd entered the wrong code, he'd slam the side of his fist against it, getting angrier each time. Not to mention that with every failed combination, he was more convinced that something incredible was behind that door and that he was missing out on some greatness.

"Son of a bitch!" He said as he put in the last code he could think of and got rejected. "I'll catch you you silly whore; I'll catch you!"

It was a good thing that the lock somehow didn't suffer much damage, he discovered as he locked it and shut the door after he couldn't get into the room he'd found. "What are you hiding down there, Bronwyn?"

.

"Now what?" Fin said as he, Nick, Fennigan and Bradshaw sat around the bar that night. They'd left Elliot working at the FBI building when the video clip they had hoped to see had been too dark and too degraded to give them an accurate look at the face - not that they didn't suspect it would be. The original video had been grainy; not having caught the actual kidnappings up close enough so they knew that the chances of a closeup being able to be cleaned up enough to give them something clear was a long shot.

"Think about it, who would benefit from doing this?" Nick said as he sipped his cranberry juice while the other guys drank beer except for Fennigan, who opted for a shot of gin.

"You kidding me? Didn't you say she was a cop?" Bradshaw asked. "Couple that with her being raped and 2 guys currently awaiting trial-"

Fin interrupted "How'd you hear about that?"

"Well, there's this thing called news that I read and watch!" Fin felt a little silly and quickly apologized.

"Sorry; I just get a little-"

"Hey it's okay. I get it."

"...me and Amaro already covered it...well, the 2 guys waiting trial. From what we can tell, they ain't have nothin to do with it."

"They're practically choir boys while they're waiting!" Nick said.

"What about the cop? Friends of his...a revenge type of thing?" said Fennigan. Nick took a sip of his juice before he spoke.

"Newlander? The way I hear it, everybody he knew pretty much deserted him after this... Fucking prick!"

"Amen to that!" Fin said as they all toasted their glasses and bottles, suddenly interrupted when his phone rang. "Yeah?" He said as he answered it. "Wait... what? You sure? I'm on my way!" When he hung up, Everyone looked at him as he put on his coat. "That's my buddy in Jersey, they just caught a guy trying to drop a van into the Hudson... a white van!" He said before Nick got up and they left the bar.

.

Luckily, Harlan wasn't able to get the door open but unluckily for Olivia, those contractions she'd been having were very much the real thing, she soon found and now hours later, unable to sleep, she wandered around the room hoping that she could will the pain to stop, not realizing that by moving around, she was helping it along.

"Urghhh!" She grunted as she held on to the table, sweat beads forming on her brow. "...oh please, oh god!" She cried. Though still four minutes apart, the contractions were unbelievably strong and Olivia was coming undone.

"Just breathe!" Sealview said as she stood by Olivia's side.

"Please stop talking!" Olivia begged as Sealview looked over at Beach house. It was taking everything in Olivia to get through this contraction and she was thankful when it finally died down. "I can't do this here!" She breathed.