10.Breaking points

***Chapter contains rape***

.

1:09AM she'd woken up to the pain of his knee in her back, pressing her body into the mattress while he secured the restraints to her arms. And now, a half hour later she couldn't move beneath his weight, could barely breathe or make a sound, save the pitiful cries that tore from her lips with each painful thrust he'd inflict upon her, him having an abnormally large member, coupled with the violence and brutality of the act itself; it didn't matter how many times he'd put her through this torture, how often, it always felt as if her insides were being shredded and she had no choice but to endure it while she begged and prayed for it to end.

Tonight, some distant god must have heard her piteous beseeching and decided that at least this once she was worthy of divine mercy because this wasn't the usual all-night marathon; he grabbed her hips, causing her even more agony as he gripped them violently and began slamming into her with brute force as he came and even as she cried, she was thankful that it was over when she felt him spill inside her, wanting to vomit when he began planting drunken kisses to her neck and back.

"I can never get enough of you, darlin!" he slurred as he collapsed on top of her. She could smell the nauseating stench of the alcohol on his breath and squeezed her eyes shut, balling her hands into fists as she pulled at the restraints, wondering if he would just decide to fall asleep there on top of her.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he grumbled something that was unintelligible, (or maybe she'd just tuned it out) pulled out, got up from the bed and undid her restraints, restraints that hadn't been necessary to begin with because she'd lost her fight weeks ago, realizing that it always ended the same way - she beaten and injured and him violently taking what he'd beaten and injured her for in the first place! She'd decided that it would be easier to just endure it since she couldn't stop it and that maybe, just maybe if she begged him enough, he would eventually have mercy and stop...but of course, he wouldn't.

"When I come back, you won't get off so easy...we're going downstairs tomorrow night." and without another word, he slammed the door shut and locked it while she lay there holding herself, the blood in her veins running ice cold with dread from hearing those words and now, the sickness that had threatened to erupt from the moment Harlan had crept into the room decided to make good on its promise, forcing her to pull her aching body out of bed and limping to the bathroom, blood and semen running down her legs.

After empting her stomach she crawled into the old, rusty tub, pulling off her gown and turned on the hot water. Immediately, the bathroom began filling with steam as the scalding liquid poured from the shower head in angry streams that beat down on her skin and she didn't so much as flinch, just went about the task of viciously scrubbing him away while she sobbed.

***

5AM at the sixteenth and none of the squad had gone home in days. Three ten year old girls - best friends, had been abducted during a class field trip earlier in the week. One of them managed to get away but not before the assailant had a chance to sexually assault her and now this scared, emotionally scarred child was the only hope they had of locating the other two girls before it was too late but she had been so terrified that all she could remember about the man was that he was white with short hair and had taken them to an abandoned building... somewhere.

The man had been caught last night - unfortunately as he was trying to dispose of the bodies of the two remaining girls and after a long night of interrogation, they got a confession and had sent him off to central less than an hour ago. Now, the three detectives sat around their squad room in total silence, none of them wanting to say what they were all thinking, had been thinking since Amanda's theory about Lewis' followers ran them into yet another dead end two weeks ago. And now, ten weeks after Olivia had gone missing, 1PP had no choice but to close the investigation into her disappearance.