37.Choices

I'm sorry it took me so long but it just wouldn't flow! Anyway, here it is. Dick Wolf owns the SVU characters, enjoy!

.

"Maybe you should take some Lamaze classes, you know, to get you ready for the big event?" Amanda said, plumping Olivia's pillows while Olivia sat tying her gown.

"I would but I don't see the point; nobody can teach me how to push out a baby. God..." She put her hands on her back and stretched "I wish I had done this when I was younger; pregnancy is brutal in your 40's!"

"Here" she reached out and started to rub Olivia's lower back while she sat forward in bed.

"Oh god, that feels so good!"

"I've been told!" She grinned "so when do you get out of here?"

"Hopefully today...if the doctor thinks I can continue the treatment at home"

"But, I mean you're feeling better, right?"

"Physically..."

"Should I ask?" She asked as she continued to massage.

"It's nothing, really." She said and while Amanda wanted to ask, she knew that there was no point. "So you said you wanted me to look at a file?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, I just, are you sure cuz I don't wanna overwh-"

"Amanda, give me the file!"

"Yes ma'am!" Amanda grinned.

.

Look, you psycho; stop calling me at work! Was what Darrell wanted to say but he couldn't and instead: "You know better!" He warned into the phone. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw Bronwyn's name on the ID and he ran into the bathroom. Stupid girl! He thought. Why would she call him and leave her number out there where anyone could have seen it? Was she trying to blow everything apart?

"I have to know where you are with the target!" She whispered ever so nonchalantly as she stared at the open door in case Harlan came.

"Target? She has a name, Bronwyn!"

"Fine, Olivia if you must. What's going on? Are we any closer?"

"Why are you whispering?"

"I..." She couldn't let it slip out about Harlan! Only four people had ever known about him since he'd "died" in Pennsylvania...well five if you count the maid he'd murdered. "My baby is sleeping!"

"Your baby...?" did she even have a kid or was she just bullshitting? He decided that he didn't care and continued on. "Look, Bronwyn" he said, peeking out the room window though the door. "I told you-"

"We can't rush this" she finished "Well I'm sorry, but that's not good enough!"

"It's gonna have to be."

"I don't care! I mean it Darrell, you get her to me!" And just that fast, the call dropped.

"You stupid bitch!" Darrell mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Nick said, having come in the bathroom unbeknownst to Darrell.

"Oh...nothing, wrong number!" He smiled insecurely and left the room quickly while Nick looked after him and shook his head before heading to the urinal.

.

"Elliot, will you stop?" Olivia said with a laugh. "I'm not an invalid!" from the sofa she took the glass of water he brought to her and quickly swallowed the liquid antibiotic he handed her. The doctor had finally decided that she could go home yesterday and Elliot had been waiting on her hand and foot, much to her disdain.