47.A Moment of Calm

Back with chapter 47. Dick Wolf owns the SVU characters and I own mine.

.

His reveal to Amaro and Fin had gone surprisingly well considering that neither of them trusted him. This he knew, but he was determined that he would fix that; he just had to shut Bronwyn up and get her off his back for good but how? It was chance that she'd decided to call his bluff about the recordings and it just so happened that his phone hadn't been recording that conversation like he'd thought and though Bronwyn hadn't called him in about a week since making that initial phone call, he knew it was just a matter of time. He couldn't win for losing and he had to quit losing before it was too late!

.

"Amanda, I'm tellin you now, if that man has done anything to hurt you..." Fin vowed, referring to Collins as he removed his coat and sat in the back booth of the bar.

"Relax Fin, Darrell's bein a perfect gentleman." She said and took a swig from her bottle. "You want a beer?"

"Nah, I'm on the clock... come to think of it, you're on the clock."

"I needed it" She said, taking another hearty sip.

"Uh oh, what happened?"

"Cassidy's momma happened, that's what!"

"The visit didn't go well?"

"The visit went fine until she told me that Brian told her about what happened between us"

"He did what?"

"...apparently the man tells his momma everything!"

"And somehow I'm not surprised."He said and took her beer, taking a sip. "Tell me, how did that go over?"

"We need a lot more beer to get through that!" She told him then turned and signaled the waitress.

.

She sat in the kitchen early morning in her tank and leggings, sipping ginger ale for her nausea while she read the paper and she couldn't help but think of Brian and the last conversation they had. It was so angry; she was so angry that she wanted to hurt him.

But not like this. She thought, referring to both the situation he was in as well as her own hurt at the situation with Amanda. She thought about when he'd come to her when she was in the hospital in Pennsylvania and all the times he'd come in the last few months. He knew what he'd done and still he acted like it was nothing. Then of course, there was Amanda; or he and Amanda. She wanted to confront her but when she thought about it; and she thought about it all night, she realized that although she was hurt, in reality she had no right to be mad. She and Brian weren't in a relationship; she had put an end to that the night after they slept together, so why did this bother her so much? Maybe because they both lied to me!

"Good morning!" Elliot said as he came into the kitchen in sweats and immediately went and put his arms around her.

"Good morning!" She smiled, turning her head to kiss him.

"Sleep okay?" He asked as he rubbed her belly with one hand while the other picked up her ginger ale and took a sip.

"I've been up since 5; between not being able to get comfortable, heartburn, backache and her moving and kicking; sleep did not come easy."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"No sense in us both being tired" She said just when the baby began kicking and she put a hand over her belly, rubbing it slowly in hopes of calming her. "god, I'm so big!"