Chapter 4

It wasn't just Scarlet Evans life that was set to change that night. In that room many broken teens stood, most of them forced into a life they never wanted - a life they couldn't escape. But,for some it was their life, but a lifestyle they enjoyed in some sick way. Pain and fighting was all they knew. It's what they had been taught to do.

Louis and Harry used to be best friends. That were until Louis's father forced him to join Jack's gang, and Harry instantly disowned him - and in the blink of an eye they became enemies.

"Niall please." Kirsten begged, tugging at his hand.

"Babe, I need to fight." He sighs, trying his best to wiggle from her grip.

"But you haven't healed since you were beaten, please." She begs once more, tears trickling from her eyes to her cheeks.

"Kirsten I have to. You don't understand. Please go wait outside, OK?" His eyes are filled with sorrow as he places a kiss on her swollen and salty lips that are now soaked in tears.

Taking in a deep breath she chokes, her tears unable to stop, she whispers, "I can't do this anymore." walking away from the blonde haired boy.

"KIRSTEN, WAIT. KI-

But before he can finish he is knocked to the ground. He was just an innocent boy who fell in with the wrong crowd - and now he's stuck in a life that he can never escape.

Louis fist once more collided with Jackson's cheek. He felt guilt. In fact, his guilt haunted him - he hated violence. He hated it more than anything; yet he couldn't bring himself to stop. His head snapped up as he heard a feminine scream. His eyes darting across the room until they landed on Lana Bonacci. He knew who she was - she was one of them. He stood to his feet and ushered one final blow to Jackson's stomach, ensuring that he stayed down. He pushed through the crowd and there stood Paddy, gripping onto her arm tightly, though she gave as good as she got. Louis walked up, tugging Paddy's arm away before pushing him back with force.

"NO GIRLS PADDY!" Louis screamed.

"Shut up Lou, she's one of them." Paddy spits, his eyes full of venom.

"Fuck off." Louis insists, and Paddy instantly gives up, forcing his way to the middle of the fight and into the midst into the action.

Turning his gaze to Lana, he's disappointed as she looks at him in disgust. He brushes it off and sighs deeply, running his thumb across her swollen cheek - but she instantly smacks his hand away.

"Don't fucking touch me. I could have handled that, I don't need someone to save me - especially not the likes of you." She snaps, pushing him back.

"You shouldn't be in here." He demands, shaking his head.

"Get lost, creep." Her eyes are full of hatred, but deep down Louis can see how vulnerable she is.

"A girl as beautiful as you shouldn't be involved in this life. It's a waste." He whispers, flashing her a light smile before he is once again dragged into the violent war that was unfolding around them.

Scarlet's P.O.V

I feel Liam tug on my hand. Jack and Harry's eyes are on me, both of there lips moving, but to me the room is frightfully silent. I'm frozen, paralysed with fear as carnage unfolds around me. Punches thrown, flesh cut and blood shed. It was like something out of a psychotic horror movie, the type of movies that I loved. But seeing it with my own eyes was like a living nightmare - they were animals.

"Oh my god." I struggle to breath as the sound once again floods in.

It's horrible. The screams, the sick and twisted laughs, the pleasuring smiles on their faces. It's insane. It's inhuman and cruel.