Chapter 9

My hands continued to push down on the door handle. My whole body ached as I desperately tried to force it open. My eyes closed over as the loud and torturing gunshots echoed. I could hear loud and unforgiving screams come from the other side of the door. Mumbles grew closer as someone spoke behind me. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist as the person yanked me away from the door, a low chuckle sounding from their throat as i kicked and screamed, trying my best to wiggle from their strong grip. I was sick of it, all of it. I was sick of being pushed around and being told what to do. I was sick of being powerless and weak. I was sick of feeling like a child who couldn't handle the truth. I was stronger than I looked.

"Scarlet will you stop." Fisher's voice screeched into my ear.

I stopped kicking and huffed heavily, my whole body shaking with anger and adrenaline.

"Let. Me. Go." I breathed, gasping for air.

"What, so you can run into a war zone? I don't think so. Jack would murder me if I let you go out there. You could get hurt." He demands, his grip once again tightening and I winced in pain.

I had been so caught up in the moment, I had forgotten all about the injuries Clyde and unfortunately Harry had caused me earlier that day.

"I don't care if I get hurt. I don't want Jack getting hurt because of me." My attempt to scream had turned into a desperate cry.

Fisher placed my feet back onto the floor and turned me around to face him. His hands kept a tight hold of my wrists as his girlfriend, Meagan watched on sympathetically, almost like she knew what I was going through. Fisher chuckled and shook his head before his deep brown eyes looked into mine. He looked shocked, surprised even.

"You have no idea of the things he's capable of, do you?" He questioned, looking slightly baffled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, suddenly feeling a little light headed.

"It means you don't have to worry about Jack getting hurt. Meagan, take Scarlet in the kitchen, will you babe?" He smiles smugly, almost like he knows something I don't.

I surprisingly feel a little calmer after his words. Looking up, I smile weakly as I feel a small and gentle hand slide into mine. Meagan now leading me into the kitchen were she forces me into a chair and sticks on the kettle. The screaming seems to have stopped and my adrenaline has calmed. I suddenly feel every bone in my body ache. I can still feel his hands around my neck, choking me, killing me. The back of my head stings and I choke as I reach my hand up and feel warm and sticky blood. I know Harry didn't mean it, but it still happened and it still hurt - not only physically but also emotionally. My hand trembles as I bring it back down. My eyes now watering as the deep, red liquid smears across my pale fingers.

"He's going to be alright." Meagan's soft voice whispers as she placed a hot cup of tea on the table in front of me.

"How do you know?" I ask, my voice croaked and broken.

"I jus - Scarlet, what the fuck happened to you?" She gasped; it wasn't like her to curse.

I gulped loudly, attempting to cover my marked neck with my hair, but it was no use.

"Don't even try hiding it. You have bruises all over, not to mention the deep cut in the back of your head. Who did this to you?" Her fingers tugged my hands away, her eyes studying my sore and red skin.

"Just leave it, please." I begged, jumping when I heard the door slam shut.

"NO. Scarlet, someone has hurt you and you need to tel-

"SCARLET?" My eyes snap up as I hear anger in a familiar voice.

I look up to see Jack slam his gun down on the kitchen worktop. His dreamy and now darkened brown eyes burning into mine as he awaits an explanation. I studied him intently, he was covered in blood but it was obvious not a drop of it belonged to him. Infact, he didn't have a single scratch on him. I watch his fists clench and his body tense as his eyes dart to my neck, I guess what had happened was obvious and now he wanted to know just who did it to me.