Chapter 22

Harry's P.O.V

"So that's her?" I asked, looking through the car window. Trying my best to keep my tired eyes open.

"Yup. Amber King. Surprising, isn't it? How normal she looks." Cooper chuckled, watching her intently as she made her way down the street.

Sure, she looked like Charlie. She had his dark hair, and his dark yet bright eyes. But she looked like a quiet girl who just wanted to keep her head down. She didn't look evil or demonic. She looked...well. Normal.

"Looks can be deceiving, we both know that." I smirked, switching my gaze from him, and then back to the café she was now entering.

He chuckled slightly and shook his head, and I was surprised at how quickly I sunk back into my old ways when he was around. It was almost like I wanted to cause destruction. I wanted Charlie to suffer the way he had made me suffer. And I wanted to do it by going after the one and only thing he loves, like he did me.

I slouched back into the cold leather, digging into my pocket and pulling out my phone. I sighed heavily, running my fingers over the screen as Scarlet's photo lit it up. I smiled slightly, knowing I was doing this for her. If spending a little time apart meant saving her, then it would be worth it in the end. But that didn't mean it wasn't hard. I liked the person I was when she was around. When she wasn't, I was the person I used to be. I was selfish, ruthless and heartless. If she found out about my plans for Amber, she'd leave me.

"You sure you're goin' to be able to do this?" Cooper mumbled, heavily nudging into my side.

"Erm, we, erm, we shouldn't hurt her right away. We should just see if we can scare him first, and if that doesn't work, we'll, erm...I can't loose her, coop. I don't want to hurt the girl, but I'll do anything to keep Scarlett safe." I demanded, switching off my phone before tossing it onto the back seat.

"Why? Because you love her?" He questioned, raising his eyes brows suggestively.

I narrowed my eyes in his direction and ran my fingers through my hair. I had never said that word to anyone before. Love. I never wanted to love and I never thought I would. I didn't think I was capable. I took in a deep breath and forced my trembling hands into my pockets.

Aiming my gaze out the window I mumbled. "Yeah, because I love her."

A calm silence fell as a grin pulled onto his lips. I could tell her was holding back his laughter, and I understood why. None of my friends ever, ever, ever thought they would hear me say I liked a girl, let alone loved one.

"Shut up." I scowled, clenching my fists as he held his hands up in defence.

"You going to tell her about this?" He asked, switching off the engine.

"No. It's too dangerous." I insisted. "So, how are we going to do this? She needs to trust us, then when I get back, we strike."

"Oh, don't worry." He smirked. "I've known Amber for a few weeks now. I've become quite the regular." He grinned menacingly. Typical Cooper, always one-step ahead.

"You're a sneaky bastard. Now, come on. Introduce me." I laughed, punching his arm.

We both stepped out of the car and slammed the doors shut. He walked on ahead and I followed, pulling up my grey hood in case anyone was watching. I felt my stomach turn as the door opened and the bell rung. She looked up, smiling as her eyes met Coopers, and I soon felt a rush of guilt. She must be the same age as Scarlet. She could be someone's girlfriend.