Chapter 25

Harry's Pov

I slouched into my chair, ignoring the numerous gazes that now fell upon me. Zayn nudged into my side, urging me to speak. I looked up at all the vacant faces, all of them wondering why i had called a last minute meeting. I had been so wrapped up in me and Scarlet that i had monumentally forgotten that i was part of a gang. I had no interest in this life anymore, but that didn't mean i could just walk away from it. It was who i was. It was in my blood. I couldn't change.

"Where the fuck is Lana?" I asked, looking around the room to see if i had missed her.

"Don't know." Clyde shrugged. "She's never around anymore. She's always busy."

"She's your sister...you don't know anything?" I hissed, looking at him coldly.

He shook his head, seeming disinterested in his sister. "Who gives a fuck anyway, she's a chick, what use is she to us?"

I chuckled lowly and stood to my feet, shaking out my loose and damp curls. "She's got more balls than you, mate."

"Yeah, yeah." He scoffed angrily. "Why don't you just tell us why we are here?"

I paced back and forth, tightly clenching my fists in order to calm my growing anger. I was anxious, on edge and i had this horrible feeling deep inside that something bad was coming. My mind was clouded. I couldn't think of anything other than keeping Scarlet safe. Nothing else mattered. I came to a halt in the center of the room, towering above them all as i took my rightful role as leader. Surprised at how quickly they all took notice. I couldn't lie...i had missed this kind of power. I had missed the feeling of being in control...of being feared.

"Jack's working for Charlie. Which means we need to take him out. Not just him...Tommy too. Jack, we can beat. But Jack with Charlie in his corner, we can't. So we need a plan. We need to strike when they least expect it. If we take out the leaders...the gang falls apart."

Zayn stepped forward, looking at me with concern filled eyes. He shook his head, sighing heavily as he ran his hand over his head. "You can't kill Tommy." He insisted.

"And why can't i?" I asked, cocking my head to the side as i stared at him blankly.

"Because, Harry. He's Scarlet's best friend and she would never forgive you." He whispered, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I can't let my feelings for Scarlet get in the way of business. She doesn't have to know, this fight is mine, not hers. We'll wait until Christmas is over, then we end this fight. Once, and for all."

I felt my stomach twist into knots at the thought of her hating me. But i knew deep down that it had to be done. If Jack was working for Charlie, who's to say Tommy wasn't as well. Scarlet trusted him, but i didn't. Zayn was just about to reply, but before he had the chance too, my phone began to ring. I pulled it from my pocket and looked down at the screen to see Scarlet's name flash across my screen. My finger brushed over the answer button, and i instantly brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello, princess." I breathed, nodding my head as i excused myself from the room.

"Hi." she sweetly giggled, making my cold heart flutter.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Mhm." She insisted. "But i need a favor. My dad is in town and he wants to meet you. Will you come for dinner?" She gulped heavily and i knew instantly that she was nervous.

My eyes widened at the thought, but i found myself agreeing.

Meeting her dad...this should be interesting.