Chapter 36: We're Here For You

~~Max's POV~~

I opened my eyes and saw a familiar figure sitting in the chair across the room, the light coming in from the window outlining the silhouette of their broad shoulders and crazy, spikey hair.

"Dad," I gasped, quickly sitting up.

"Hey sweetheart," he smiled.

"Wha-What are you doing here?" I asked, slowly getting out of the bed and standing up.

"You asked for my help," he said in a "duh" tone. "Why are you moving so slow? Do you think I'm going to hurt you baby girl? God I could fucking kill Joe."

"Dad," I laughed a little as I walked over and hugged him tightly. "I missed you."

"I missed your hugs," he chuckled and hugged me back, just as tight.

"I don't know what to do," I said, tears stinging in my eyes as the memory of what happened came flooding back.

"I know sweetheart, and that's why I'm here. To help you," he kissed my temple and held me tighter. I just started crying into his shoulder, a combination of sadness and happiness filling my heart. "You know Tommy wants to kill him, right?" he whispered, causing me to giggle.

"Dad what should I do?" I asked, pulling away from his shoulder.

"Well sweetheart, do what your heart tells you to," he said, cupping my cheek in his hand and gently wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"My heart is telling me to join you," I whispered sadly. "But, Ricky and Dexter, the guys, the fans...."

"Don't join me, it really sucks. You can't hold the ones you love, or even talk to them. All you can do is stand there and watch as they go about their day, mourning over you," he said, sadness filling his voice and greenish-brown eyes.

"Then what would you do?" I asked.

"Honestly is I were you, I'd either move in with Courtney or take that little apartment above the Whisky, but since I know you like to be difficult, you should find a nice place somewhere you feel comfortable. Like an apartment or condo," he replied. "But for now, stay with Tomboy."

"Alright," I smiled and hugged him again.

"You were really good on that tour by the way," I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Learned from the best," I smiled, causing him to chuckle.

"As for recording at the studio, you'll be fine. You were great last time," he said reassuringly.

"Yeah because you were helping me," I stated.

"Max. You'll be fine. I promise you," he kissed my temple, causing me to smile.

"Ok, but if I screw up on anything I'm blaming you," I smirked.

"You'll mess up. Everyone does," he chuckled. "It's just apart of the process."

"Alright then," I smiled.

"Max I gotta go sweetheart. Your friend is calling you," he kissed my cheek and hugged me tight.

"I don't want you to go dad," I hugged him back just as tight.

"Hey, I'll be with you still," he said, holding my face in his hands and making me look at him.

"You promise?" I felt the tears start forming in my eyes again.

"Yes, I promise," he smiled.

"I love you dad," I hugged him again and kissed his cheek.