Chapter 15: A Day With Chris

~~Max's POV~~

At about 7 I woke up with my head in Ricky's lap,my laptop off,and my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked to see that I was getting a phone call. I got up slowly in order to not wake Ricky up,then walked quickly off the bus.

"Hello?" I asked,ignoring the caller ID once again.

"Having fun bitch?" a cruel voice said. My breath hitched in my throat at the sound of his voice.

"H-How?" I asked,terrified of the answer.

"Well,when your precious Nikki Sixx came to get your shit one of his dumb ass friends stayed behind after your mother went to jail. I found him in my house carrying a box of your stuff and he said you were at Warped Tour all summer. So I'm going to ask you one more time....Having fun bitch?!" he said.

"Joe....How do you have my number? I changed it months ago," I asked.

"I have my ways," my "father" asked. I couldn't speak.

"How do you like spending time with your brother?" he asked with an evil chuckle.

"Brother? I don't have a brother Joe. You know that," I said,getting scared as I walked through the Warped grounds.

"Oh yes you do. Me and your other couldn't afford to keep him,so we sent him to an adoption center. Sadly we didn't see his potential until we had you. You're just a worthless piece of shit!" he hissed.

"S-So....I have a brother? And he's in one of the bands on Warped?" I asked,not believing a word he's saying.

"Yep,and I'm going to let you figure it out yourself," he laughed evilly.

"Can you at least tell me what band he's in?!" I asked/yelled.

"Here's a hint....You are very close with a member of his band. Now goodbye you ungreatful little bitch!" he hung up.

I ran over to a tree and sat down,pulling my knees to my chest. I have a brother....And I'm close with a member of his band....I'm close with Ricky,Elliott,Jacky and Matt. That makes it between 18 people.... I thought to myself.

"Ugh!" I groaned as I felt tears welling in my eyes. Just thinking about the fact that I have an older brother and those monsters put him up for adoption broke my heart,but also knowing that I'm friends with him hurt me even more. I was now full on crying.

After about 10 minutes of sitting alone and crying,I felt arms wrap around me.

"What's wrong?" a deep voice asked. Chris!

I just threw my arms around him and cried into his shoulder. I didn't feel like talking about it just yet.

"Shh....It's ok Max. You want me to get Ricky or Jinxx?" he asked as he gently stroked my hair.

"N-No," I managed between sobs.

"Ok....Just calm down and take slow,deep breaths," he said as he sat down,leaning against the tree and pulling me into his lap.

I just sat there crying into Chris's shoulder while he held me and whispered calming things to me.

"Thank you Chris," I said when I finally calmed down. He was still holding me and I still had my face buried in his chest.

"Anytime Max....Would you like to tell me what's wrong now? Or do you want to wait?" he asked,still stroking my hair.

"Why don't I get dressed and we go to Starbucks?" I suggested,finally looking him in the eyes.

"Sounds like a plan," he smiled.

"Cool," I returned his smile and we both stood up.

"So....How did you end up out here?" he asked.