Chapter 38: New Day, New Home, New Relationships, New Me

~~Max's POV~~

"Bye guys!" I yelled as I walked out of the studio.

"Bye Max!" James and DJ yelled back. We've been in the studio, well James's home studio, for 2 weeks now and things are going pretty well so far. We've managed to start drums and guitar for a couple of songs we've written already. I jumped in my car and drove to my new house in the nice part of LA by mom's house. I walked inside my house and was hit with the smell of paint. When I moved in here last week I painted the walls, so the living room is gray with black accents, the kitchen is light blue with white accents, my bedroom is blood red with black accents, my master bathroom is gray with white accents,the second room which has become my practice room is a light brown with white accents, the guest bedroom is black with white accents, and the bathroom is lavender with cream accents. I walked into my bedroom and read the first thing I see every time I walk in here, a quote from dad that was painted in a lighter red on the wall across from the door.

"When you realize you've lost it all, that's when you realize that life is beautiful," I read out loud to myself and smiled a little, then frowned when I saw the boxes stacked up next to my dresser. I've only been here a week so I still have to finish unpacking and hanging things up, like pictures and my guitars and basses, but all of my furniture and stuff is set up. I walked over to my closet and changed into an old Pantera shirt, a pair of shorts, and black converse. I grabbed my things, then walked back down the stairs to the first floor and went to my car. I drove to the usual hair salon I go to and walked in, being greeted by my hair stylist Zoe.

"Hey sweetie, ready to go?" she asked. She's 26, has beautiful blond hair that she keeps in a short pixie cut, has tattoos that I've given her over the past few years, and she's happily married to her husband of four years, Josh.

"Yeah," I smiled and walked over to her station and sat in the chair.

"What are you looking for today?" she asked and she spun me around to look at her.

"Something rebellious and a crazy off the wall color," I replied.

"So, the usual but not black?" she raised her eyebrow.

"No, something more rebellious. But I want you to choose what it is."

"You sure?"

"Of course, you've been my hair stylist for the past six years. I trust you," I smiled reassuringly.

"Alright," she spun me towards the mirror and put the apron on me. After 3 hours of clipping, shaving, washing, dying, blow drying, and straightening, we were done and I was finally able to see the finished product.

"Oh my god the guys are gonna kill me," I gasped as I looked in the mirror. My hair was still long but the left side was buzzed and dyed white while the rest of my hair was dark red.

"That's good right?" Zoe smiled.

"Of course it's good!" I said and we both laughed. I got up after she took the apron off and pulled her into a tight hug. "That you Zoe. I really needed this kind of change."

"Any time, love." she hugged me back and kissed my cheek.

"Remember to call me if you and Josh ever need new ink," I wink after I paid and left. Instead of going home, I went to the animal shelter and went to look around to see if I can save any animals.

"Any specific breed or gender you're looking for?" a girl walked up and asked me.

"Um, not really. Just looking around and seeing their personalities," I said as I bent down to look at a blue nose pitbull puppy with white patches and piercing blue eyes.