Chapter 18: Bonding Pt.2

~~Max's POV~~

I woke up with my head on Ricky's shoulder and he had a protective arm around me. I looked around to see Chris and Ashley still asleep as well as Ricky. I slowly slipped out from under Ricky's arm and got up,trying not to wake him up. I decided I would sit in the backyard and wait for them to wake up,so I walked out the back door and sat in a chair on the patio. The smell of blood hit me quickly and I looked out into the yard,instantly regretting it.

"Oh my god," I said as I put my hand over my mouth.

The bloody remains of Vince, DJ, James, Tommy, Mick, Courtney,and the kids were all over the back yard. I felt tears running down my cheeks as someone grabbed me and jerked my head up so that I could look at them. Joe.

"Well I see that you've found your brother," he said,a devilish smile on his face and he was covered in blood.

"W-Why?" I chocked out. He was squeezing my throat.

"Because you got my wife put in jail!" he spat,holding a large knife above my head.

"It's not my fault she stabbed my dad!" I spat back.

"I am your father! Not that wanna be rock star!" he squeezed my throat tighter,suffocating me.

"N-No you're n-not! You were just as bad as Samantha!" I yelled.

"Let her go!" Ricky yelled,Chris and Ashley standing behind him.

"Why should I?" Joe asked,amused.

"Because you don't want to see what we're capable of," Chris shot back.

"Ha! You're just 3 kids." Joe replied,turning his attention back to me.

"Please....Stop...." I said,running out of air. He smirked and raised his knife over my face.

"Let her go!" Ricky boomed as he ran at Joe.

"You've got your mother's bravery,but your sister is still a coward!" Joe said as he stabbed Ricky in the stomach multiple times.

"Ricky! No!" I screamed. Ashley took the chance to grab me and try to get away while Chris took on Joe.

"No Ash! Ricky needs me!" I stopped and she still tried pulling me to run.

"Are you insane?!" she asked.

"No. But I've always been there for my brother since the day we met,and I'm sure as hell not stopping .now!" I replied as I ran back to Ricky. Chris was fighting with Joe a few feet away trying to take the knife.

"Max....You need to run," Ricky said weakly.

"No. I'm not leaving you," I said as I pulled his head into my lap. The tears were coming fast,and I hated seeing him like this.

"Max....Go with....Ashley," he said again.

"No Ricky. I'm not leaving you like this," I said as I felt tears fall.

"Max....I love you....baby sister," he said before he took his last breath.

"I love you too Ricky. I love you too," I said,stroking his pale cheek.

Chris screamed.

"Chris! No!" I looked up to see a knife sticking out of his chest,right before he hit the ground.

"Not you too...." I said. Ashley ran at Joe but failed,facing the same fate as Chris.

"Now Max....See what you have caused by just simply being alive?" Joe asked as he walked towards me. He put his knife up to my face and made a small incision at my hair line.