Back Home

Shyla was standing right next to me as we began to walk home. "So how'd you're talk with the new guy go?!" She asks me with a smirk. Instantly our other two friends Calli and Jade turned to me with wide eyes waiting for my answer.

"Awful I didn't even get a word out he just looked at me as if I was a freak." I say rolling my eyes annoyed at myself. Shyla rolls her eyes at me and Calli and Jade just look to the ground disappointed for me. The started kicking rocks from the ground see how long they can keep one stone.

"What happened? You seemed so ready!" Shyla says excitedly at me her hands clenched up in a ball.

"I thought I was but he made me so nervous." I say nodding my head. I just need to let him go it won't work out anyways he probably already has a girlfriend. I think to myself defeated. I look over to my left and I see my house." Bye guys!" I say trying to be excited and trying not to seem upset.

I open up the door and find my mom standing at the kitchen again this time with a knife in her hands. I start to close the door and I as I do I see a shadow of her the knife stabbing down as she speaks "DIE MEAT DIE!" She says. I could tell she noticed me since when I walked in her eyes glanced over at me. What an interesting family I have. I smile and roll my eyes happy to be away from the disaster called school. I sit down at the edge of the driveway hoping something good would happen soon since it's been a disaster so far.

I sigh rolling a stone around my feet with my hands. It rolled back and forth and back and forth before it rolled off into the street. A car drive on my crushing the stone under its wheels and I sigh sadly.

I soon hear feet heading my way and I look up sadly not caring who it was. My eyes are instantly filled with joy and my cheeks start to blush when I see who it was. Rogue.

I try to hold my sigh that I was about to release wanting to wait till he left to let it out. My blush kept getting redder and redder. A boy next to Rogue with yellow hair laughed when he saw my face and I tried to hide my blush. I looked down at the ground and willed them to walk faster,hoping that whatever happened they wouldn't stay. I saw there feet take a step in front of my face and stop there. I let out a defeated sigh. As happy I was to be able to talk to Rogue I didn't want him to see me like this.

"Hey aren't you Y/N, L/N?" He asks me with a smile on his face that could light up a room." We have gym and history together." He continued to smile and I wait for him to tell me what an idiot I am. I turn my head waiting for it to come but it never does. "Hey cheer up!" He says he clearly saw my eyes starting to water. The tears instantly dry up and I see him looking at me with a smile even bigger than before if that was even possible.

I put on a smile and answer his question," Yeah!" I say trying to sound just as excited as he did, but it didn't work out because he started chuckling lightly. I thought I saw a small blush on his face but it was to small to tell if it was natural or him blushing.

"We're about to head over to Sabortooth if you wanted to come with us?" He asks me keeping his huge smile on his face.

"Sure!" I say happy that I was finally able to talk to him like a normal person. Maybe school won't be so bad.