Mom?

I open the door my mom standing on the couch pretending to do yoga. "So ,you back?" She asked not moving or opening her eyes.

"Um... Yeah." I said wanting to just sneak into my room. It felt kind of awkward between me and her at least I felt like that since I just learned magic and she probably doesn't know, though she does find these things out and I never know how.

"Okay just wondering... Hey" she said her eyes brightening and growing a huge smile," did you know there is such thing as real magic. I think that little symbol mean that you're part of a place that had magic." My head started to heat up and my eyes started to grow in fear does she know. Does she not want me to learn magic.

There was silence from the two of us and it quickly got awkward. I turned around to go up the stairs and into my room but she stopped me again," Hey Y/N tell me the truth... Do you know magic?" She didn't seem to be mad at me so I decided to answer the question.

"Yes, I do." I plainly state while now she knows I know magic.

She just.... Smiles?! "I'm glad you learned magic. Now I don't have to keep it a secret from you."

My heart stopped what did she mean. Did she mean that she knows magic now.

She picked her hands up and cold just started flowing off her hands. "I used to be apart of that same guild you are in now. I was an ice dragon slayer." I gasped my mom was a dragon slayer. I couldn't believe this the day I learn magic my mom tells me that she knows magic too how did I never know this.

I finally realized it... It was my mom on the news. I remembered when I was six an 18 year old popped up on the news her name being Rose Fullbuster. And that was all I saw before the tv flashed black from my mom turning the tv off. Probably wasn't her, was all I thought and went back to playing with my toy dinosaurs.

"So... That was you only the news a few years ago. " she just nodded her head. "People loved you Mom. You were at one point the strongest Mage in the world. " she just stayed silent. I quickly grew silent.

"Mom are you okay?" I asked reaching my hand out to her.

She just turns away her back facing me now. I put my grand down as she started to speak, tears filling her eyes. "Hey... Do you... By any chance know a Gray Fullbuster?" She asked in between her small sobbing.

I shook my head, " I've heard of him but that's about it I haven't seen him. Why?" Was all I asked after I told her what I knew.

"Okay." That was it that was our whole conversation. I wasn't sure if I should stay there or leave so I only stayed there for a few minutes before deciding that I should go to my room. I grabbed my flute and slinked up the stair trying to be as quiet as possible.

I entered my room and closed the door slowly and fell to the ground into a sitting position my flute case now on the floor still in my hands. I started thinking about the conversation I just had with my mom and got nowhere. I give up. I'll just ask Sting and Rouge about Gray tomorrow, maybe they'll know something.
And with that final that I opened up my flute case and started practicing my music.

A few sixteenth notes here and there and a few eighth notes like that too and occasionally a quarter note and whole not, a few scales and that was it. It wasn't too challenge but there was a slight hardness to it. I put my flute down and put my heads over my head. Come on Y/N stop stressing about it. I thought to myself. I put my flute quickly away as I was starting to get stressed out.

I hop on my bed my hands over my head, my eyes starting to close from sleepiness. What am I going to do.