Gym Class

I walk into the gym wearing the scratchy gym clothes the coaches gave out. The first thing my eyes see is Rogue. His muscles bulged out, I can see why every girl wants him, but they don't know what he's capable of.

Shyla walks in after me and leans into my ear, "Y/N name stop staring." I jump out of the way to where I was standing right next to her.

"Was that really necessary?!" I asked in a harsh whisper. I didn't really want people to hear.

"Yes it was, it reminded me of the first day of school."

"First day of school? What happened then?"

"Well it involves that one." She motions her head toward Rogue and looks at him before looking back at me.

"Oh," that was all I could say, I wish I had more words but I didn't. I just had oh.

"Do you still want me to tell you?" I could see the fear in her eyes. She was afraid she'd say something wrong. I didn't blame her any mention of Rogue and I would usually explode.

"Sure..." Did I really want to know? I didn't know at this point. I don't know anything anymore.

"Well we were in gym class and you were sitting on the bleachers over on the other side of the gym. As I walked in I saw you staring at Rogue. Your eyes looked like the were in a trance. I walked over and as I was walking over I yelled at you to stop staring at the new guy. You were so mad at me." She started laughing at the memory I no longer had.

"You really should give him another chance. He never did anything wrong to you. You guys always looked so happy with each other."

I shake my head, "Shyla, you're my best friend and you know that. But I know what I saw. Nothing anyone says can change my opinion.

We walk forward and sit on the bleachers. The one that I was apparently sitting on when Shyla embarrassed me. We simply chatted over simple things and complained about different teacher and how they gave us too much work, as if they expected everyone to be super humans.

Sadly after a few minutes the coaches came out and told us to gather in the center of the gym. I really was hoping they'd forget about us.

"Today kids we're going to be playing dodgeball."

Shyla instantly cracked up. I glared at her, what was so funny about playing dodgeball? Does she want us to run?

"Sorry," she whispered to me, "this reminds me more of the first day of school. The only way this could get better is if Rogue knocks you out by pegging you in the face with a dodgeball."

"Oh thanks love you too." I rolled my eyes as Shyla kept laughing her arms covering her stomach.

The coaches ignored Shyla's laughing and proceeded to put everyone into teams. Luckily for me I wasn't on Rogue's team and that means I could hit him as hard as I want with a dodgeball. But so can he.

Shyla finally had herself calm. She scanned our team and Rogue's team, "Our teams are evenly matched." She said sounding as if she was trying to calculate how we would win. For all the years I've known her she might try to sound like she's thinking really hard but in reality she has no clue what she's talking about.

"Shyla, really?" I raised an eyebrow. She looked offended when I first spoke, but after a few seconds she cut her act. She knew I was right.

She looks down at the ground disappointed, "What's wrong?" I asked. We don't have much time now is not the time to be sad.

"Sting isn't on our team." I shoved her and started laughing. A smile came onto her face. At least I know it isn't anything big. I looked at the other team and sure enough there was Sting standing right next to Rogue.

Sting looked at me almost sad as if I did something wrong to him, I expected that look from Rogue not from Sting. As Rogue looked my way I expected the same sad face Sting gave to me. I had a plan for when it happened. I was gonna smirk, turn, and start talking to Shyla. That's what he gets for treating me like that.

As he turned I got ready for my plan but the look I got from him wasn't sad. It was anger. He didn't even look like he wanted to give me another chance, he looked like he wanted to kill me.

My face fell. I was not expecting that. I slowly backed up and ran into someone on my team.

I feel down with a loud thud and everyone turned and looked at me. They all followed my eyes and saw what I was looking at. Rogue with his murderous look. Everyone looked back at me with an expression of horror as they wondered what I did to make him so mad.

The coaches blew their whistle and everyone lined up against the wall.

3

2

1

The coaches blew their whistle again telling us the game has begun. Everyone ran up and grabbed a ball and ran back to touch the wall.

Our coaches unlike some have the rule that once you grab a ball from the line at the beginning of the game you have to touch the wall before you can throw it. It makes things more fair since people with or without a ball won't be massacred at the beginning of the game.

I was unlucky and wasn't able to grab a ball but that didn't stop me. A ball came sailing over a team mate's head and I caught it, surprisingly, usually I'm not this lucky with a dodgeball.

I half jogged half walked up to the middle of the gym and threw the ball as hard as I could aiming for Rogue. I missed by a long shot.

There goes my moment of dodgeball glory.

As soon as I no longer had a ball in my hand and was the only person on my team at the front everyone tried to pelt me with a dodgeball. I jumped and moved and picked up my legs in way that I had no clue was possible especially since I'm not flexible. And despite me being absolutely terrible at dodgeball I wasn't hit once. I quickly ran back to the back of the gym where I would be safer.

"That was impressive for you Y/N." Shyla said with a smile on her face slightly panting from being tired. Unlike me Shyla is also good at all things related to sports or athletics.

I see a ball and go after it hoping that my next shot at Rogue will be better. As I pick up the ball I start to walk towards the middle again. Rogue also had a ball and was following my every move. I threw the ball first. Even though this time I was a lot closer to hitting him it wasn't enough. I missed and he instantly threw the ball. I tried to move out of the way but I wasn't fast enough. The ball pegged me right in the face with enough force that I was knocked onto the ground.

My face hit the ground and bounced back up with a loud and I mean loud thud. My vision started going black. If what Shyla said was true, it was just like the first day of school.