Chapter 11

"You better stay quiet." He threatened, wrapping his hand around my hair and pulling it back. My head jerked upright and my scalp burned from the rough pulling.

My back was pushed up against the door that art class was held in. His large frame loomed over me as his hands moved from my hair to my waist. He dug his fingers into my skin and some even over my stomach. A wince almost escaped but I bit my tongue to keep it in.

It was a game of silent torture from Ethan today, apparently thats what I deserve for bursting out like that.

I didn't try to tug or pull myself away like usual.Theres no use. It was a never ending cycle of abuse and no matter how hard I mined my own business and stood out of Ethan's way, there was always a reason for him to hit or verbally hurt me.

He's sick, Yet everyone wants to be his best friend, or his girlfriend, or his freaking something! It made no sense to me how people could want to have any type of relationship with such a monster. Maybe, because they don't know what he's really like.

He grabs my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. His cold blue orbs shoot right into mine and stares me down as his other hand slams right onto my stomach. I push further into the wall, ducking my head back down and sucking in a large breath. I tremble at the pain coursing through my tummy and tears fall down from my eyes onto my cheeks. My tears slide all the way down my face and drip off onto Ethan's hands.

Ethan's lips simply curve up into a smile, before a laugh escapes him. He repeats the action once more, and then again and again. My arms wrap around my body, clutching my stomach to prevent him for doing it again, as my shoulders shook violently and loud cries finally left my lips. I shut my eyes, trying to block him out. Trying to block out his touch, his words, him and his everything.

But when has that ever worked?

☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓

As soon as the torture session was over Ethan bolted out the room as I sat curled up in a ball shaking. It never mattered what condition I was in after, it didn't matter if any of my bones were broken, it didn't matter if I was knocked out on the ground, hell, it probably wouldn't even matter if I was dead.

If suffering at school wasn't enough, I have to endure countless amounts of abuse from my father too. Someone who I'm related to, who was suppose to love me. I never liked to think about the abuse from dad. If I didn't think about it too much it, I can pretend as if it didn't happen. Like him abusing his only daughter was just some bad dream like the ones I always have, But then one look at my body and it's a constant reminder that it did. I'd love to believe that none of this abuse is real, but these scars are real.

I shook my head. Thinking about this stuff and feeling sorry for myself wouldn't get me anywhere. I uncurled myself out of the position, slowly grabbing the doorknob and clutching onto my stomach as I stood up slowly. Pain coursed through my body every inch I moved.

After a good ten minutes I had managed to maneuver myself in front of the door for History. Lunch was still far from over but the feeling of hunger had left me a while ago. So instead, I slumped down in front of the door waiting with my knees up against my chest. I wiped my face clear of any tears, sniffling away as I do so.

"Grace?"

My body jerks at the voice. Ms.Thomas's heels click forward towards me. She stands in front of me, her arms crossed with a worried expression on her face.

"I didn't mean to startle you, but.. You do know lunch doesn't end for another" She pauses to look at her watch "Twenty seven minutes right?"

I sniffle, holding the back of my hand up against my face. Words cant make their way out of my mouth yet so I just nod my head yes and shrug my shoulders. A frown appears on her face.