Chapter 22

It was around eight in the evening and Alyssa had come over and dragged me back to her house. She was oozing with excitement the moment we stepped foot in her room. I was currently sitting on her bed, watching as she racked through her closet searching for an outfit to wear.

After a good thirty minutes she finally settled on a short black skirt and matching top. Alyssa turned around, looking at me expectantly.

"Now.. What are you gonna wear?" She asked quietly to herself. Her finger tapped her chin and I raised an eyebrow at her. There was no way I was gonna wear an outfit like hers. Alyssa had flawless skin, not skin bruised and scarred like mine. I had things to hide.

"Um, do you have anything with long sleeves?" I ask nervously hoping not to raise suspicion.

"I actually don't know if I have anything that will fit you. I mean, you're way tinier than I am." She speaks as she continues to rummage through her closet.

She had thrown out so many clothes on the bed before finding an outfit I was surprised to find she still had more clothes left in there.

"I'm positive I still have some dresses my mom bought me a while back. They didn't fit all that well but they were too pretty, I didn't have to heart to give them away." I grin at the sound of her sad voice. This was the typical Alyssa for you. "They'll fit you for sure."

I check my phone for the time and when I look back up I see Alyssa holding up three hangers. Her eyes skim over the dresses on them before handing them over to me. The door creaks open and both Alyssa and I snap our heads over to find Finn standing in the doorway.

He stood there with his arms crossed and a glare on his face. He was dressed in a tight fitting button up and dark wash jeans. His jet black mop was styled and his hazel eyes stared intently at the large piles of clothes located around Alyssa's room before looking at the dresses in my hand. Finn raises his eyebrows before speaking.

"What are you two doing?" His voice comes out accusingly, as if he knows what we're doing.

"Nothing, just re-organizing my closet." Alyssa lies smoothly.

The look of disbelief on Finn's face makes me want to slap myself.

"Aly I swear-"

"God, not this again! I've heard this a million times Finn. Me and Grace are just gonna hang out for the rest of the night okay? Now get out of my room!" She shouts at him before forcibly pushing Finn out the room.

She locks the door before walking back over to me. The sound of Finn's loud knocks makes my face contort into a worried look.

"Alyssa," I whisper, knowing Finn is still behind the door "He obviously knows."

"He knows bullshit." Alyssa whispers back angrily. "He's my brother not my dad. He's constantly restricting me from doing things that have nothing to do with him and I'm tired of it."

We wait until we're sure that Finn is gone before continuing. I glance down at the dresses. Alyssa was right. They were all really pretty, too bad none of them would look good on me. I look back up at Alyssa to meet her eyes sparkling with hope. I start shaking my head.

"None of these will look good on me Alyssa. Sorry-"

"Are you kidding me? Your figure would kill in one of these!" She scoffs. She picks up a black dress that has lace sleeves and stop a little bit below mid thigh.

"This would look amazing on you!" She whines.

"No it wouldn't, trust me." I droned.

"Just try it on, please!" She shoves the dress in my hands and and nudges me off the bed.