Chapter 29

Logan's POV

"Hey man can you pass me that?" I hear Finn ask from the other side of the room.

Turning my head lazily towards the toolbox I lean over grabbing the screwdriver and chuck it in Finn's direction. He catches it with his hand and shoots me a glare.

"I said to pass me it, not try to kill me with it." He scowls.

Shrugging my shoulders I sink back into the sofa and pull out my phone. I scrolled through my inbox ignoring the messages from Lacey and a few insignificant others. She has been a real pain in the ass lately. She had no right to insult Grace like that, it was a bitch move. Then again, Lacey is a Grade-A bitch.

I mean, Yeah I did sleep with her once or twice but it wasn't a serious thing. She knows that. I may have been interested in her for a moment but that moment has come and gone, it was time for her to get that through her thick skull.

She voluntarily tried to rub it in Grace's face that one day that we slept together.  I still remember. She called it an amazing  time... I've still yet to figure out what the fuck was so amazing about it. We were both drunk and the whole night she'd been leaning over me like some leech. But hey, I guess we all do dumb shit when we're drunk that we regret later on.

"Is Ethan still coming?" I hear Finn ask.

My mind looses all thought at that moment and I hunch over to inspect what he's doing. It was Friday night but neither of us decided to do anything wild for once. He had paper instructions strewn across the carpet and the metal frame with the mesh on top. It had been a while since I broke the screen door and I still haven't fixed it. Aaron has been nagging me ever since to fix it. Most of the time I just ignored it, it wasn't that big a deal. Until now.

The air was getting colder and every time I sat in the living room, no matter how high the heat was blasting it always felt like the inside of a freezer.  I had narrowed down the cause to the screen door.

"No, he said something about having to take care of an issue." I answer.

Finn shrugs his shoulders in response. I decide not to be lazy anymore, I had been lying down on the sofa for the past half hour watching Finn struggle to fix the spline into the track. He had offered to help me and once we started he decided he wanted to fix it all by himself. Finn was that kind of person. Too bad he was doing a terrible job at it. Standing up I walk over to the situation on the floor, staring at it in confusion.

"Finn what the fuck." I didn't say it as a question, more as a statement in shock.

"What?" He runs his hand through his hair, looking at the frame in frustration.

"You taped the mesh down in the wrong places you dumbass, no wonder you can't fit the spline in."

Finn scoffs while getting up from his crouching position.

"Well fuck this damn thing." He says annoyed. He goes as far as kicking it and storming into the kitchen.

I chuckle crossing my arms and following. Finn grabs a bottle of water from the fridge and gulps it down quickly. When he's done he throws it into the bin under the sink and leans against the counter.

"So, did Ethan mention what this issue was?" Finn asks. The tone of his voice suggests that he knows something.

"No, why?"

"You know that girl he's been screwing? That blonde girl, the one with the long legs and the stalker eyes?" He hints further.

I try to think of who he's talking about but no one comes to mind.