Chapter 32

Logan's POV

    I stare at her, watching as the myriad of emotions flash through her eyes. She looks a bit shocked. Her rose pink lips part slightly before one side curves up into a small appreciative smile. God, I want to kiss those lips again.

    Grace glances towards the road breaking off the intense gaze shifting between the two of us. A cackle of thunder surges through the sky and the rainfall increases. I reverse and then pull out of my parking space driving onto the open road.

    I can sense her staring at me from her seat so I turn my head a bit and shoot her a questioning look. Her cheeks begin to warm up and she begins to fiddle with her fingers.

I've noticed that lately. Every time she seems nervous or upset she either pulls on her fingers or her sleeves. The way I see it, it's a weird habit but everyone has their own I guess.

"Logan.." I tip forward against the wheel as the car approaches a red light and glance in her direction.

    The small smile has dropped from her lips but she continues to stare down at her lap.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing, Never mind," She shakes her head, "You probably don't want to hear it."

    She whispers the last part under her breath but it still catches my ears.

"What do you mean? Is something wrong?"

"No.. It's just that," She pauses for a second before turning to look out of the window, "I don't want to start another argument. Just forget it."

    My eyes burn into her figure, staring at her in curiosity. I swallow, my throat going dry at the thought of what I could've done wrong this time. Before my mind can wander off too far the light changes and the space between us remains silent.

    My fingertips start itching to touch her. It's as if someone lit an annoying spark on me and all of a sudden all I want to do is feel Grace's skin on mine.

    I keep one hand steady on the wheel while turning onto the freeway while my other hand sneaks across the console and onto Grace's lap where her hands are. I separate her hands with mine and gently hold onto one, intertwining our fingers and all.

"You can tell me if something is on your mind." I inquire keeping my voice low.

    Grace sighs and I can imagine the hesitant look crossing her face. I almost look over until I realize it's a better idea to keep my eyes on the road. She mumbles something incoherent before unlacing our hands.

"What?" I ask as my mouth curves down into a frown at the loss of touch. "I couldn't hear you."

"I asked.. If you really like me then why did you act like that earlier?" Her voice becomes quieter and quieter as each word passes through her lips.

    My hand hovers above her lap for a few seconds before I draw back and firmly grip the wheel with two hands now. I look ahead of me, watching as the windshield wipers quickly move left to right and as a couple of other cars manage to drive past us.

    Fuck. A part of me was hoping she didn't ask about this. I wasn't trying to be an asshole, I didn't mean to make her feel like she was an annoyance. I just didn't want to force myself on her like I always did. I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

    Being on the phone with her last night made me think that it was clear she didn't like me. That's why when she called me asking to meet her I was confused. Grace never initiated anything with me, ever.