Chapter 14

*Please keep replaying the song above, it basically sets the whole mood for this chapter :)*

    The cold air bit at my uncovered skin and so I wrapped my hands around my body to keep warm. I stood around the corner of the school, staring out into the parking lot where some students got into their cars and drove off. There was strict line separating the school from the parking lot and I was standing behind it. There was a stop sign to keep everyone from zooming past the line and hitting others down but most people just ignored it until they met the stoplights on the road.

    I stood right here in the parking lot, every so often looking up and around for Logan with my eyes. He said to meet him here and he sounded angry so I wasn't about to put up a fight. I just wanted to get this over with. My stomach rumbles and causes my insides to churn. Where was he? School ended ten minutes ago. It's chilly and I'm not about to get a cold that I have to deal with on top of everything else.

    Looking across the street I see the bus I usually take to get home and suddenly my legs propel me to walk forwards. There was still a great deal of people trying to get on it so if I went now I wouldn't miss it. Besides, Logan was taking too long anyways. Finn probably already told him we were neighbors so if he cared that much about getting away from Lacey he would just show up. As the sign changed from a red hand to a bright walking signal I carried on walking.

"Grace! Where are you going?" Logan shouts from behind.

    I stand halfway on the street, stunned, before I turn around the face him. He looked pissed off and his green eyes glared at me with intensity. I looked around for a second, deciding it was better to run back to the other side of the street before the light changes and a car comes and hits me down.

"You took really long, and I waited for you." I mumble walking past him.

"That's the point of waiting, I had to talk to someone about something." He catches up with me and walks in front of me, leading the way to his car. He walks past multiple vehicles, until he stops at a black car. I couldn't tell what it was but it sure as hell looked expensive. The car chirps as he unlocks it, and nods at me to walk around to the other side.

    I took careful steps around the car, I didn't want to make a mark or something before Logan threatens to kill me. My hand gripped the car handle and I let out a loud sigh, looking up and to the side. The amount of people left in the parking lot was beginning to dwindle. Only a few people and some groups of students remained.

    One group caught my attention in particular. From the back I could tell it was Finn, from his dark hair and pale skin he was hard to miss. His arms were wrapped around a girl and his body was pressing up against her. They were laughing at the people talking across from them.

    Finn shifts his body and someone else comes into view. My mouth opens slightly at the sight of Ethan propped up against a car, leaning on the driver's side. His arms were folded and as if on cue, he felt someone looking because his titled his head up and started to peer around. The blond mass of hair that was either gelled upwards laid forwards on his head, swiftly moving at every little move he made. I instantly duck down, and swoop inside the car to keep from being seen.

    I start squirming in my seat, the leather chair creating noise as I do so.

"Sit still." Logan says. So I do. I stop moving and swing the seatbelt over my chest, and placing my bag on my lap and sinking into the seat. I sink even further as Logan pulls out of the parking space and zooms past the number of people.

    My hand so much as flies to my seatbelt, holding it tightly at the speed that Logan drives at. He slows down at the red light but as soon as it changes he speeds up again. Well, at least now it's no wonder how I almost got hit down that one time.