Chapter 16

I walk into school this morning with my head down. I wasn't in the mood to look at anyone or acknowledge anyone looking at me. Instead I stare at my shoes, and how the skinny sweats Im wearing bunch up around my ankles because of my short frame.

The hallways were pretty clear at this time in the morning. No one bumped into me as I made my way to my locker. My hands fumbled with my lock before I get it open. I shrug my bag off my shoulder placing it in between my legs on the ground. I take a few books out and drop them in my bag, then I take the heavy history textbook out of my bag and place it in the locker. Last night after I finished making dinner I had spent a whole lot of time working on the project. It was close to being done, but it wasn't due just yet, so I still had time.

I bend down to grab my bag, putting it back onto my shoulder and the closing my locker. I continue my walk down the hall all until my bag shifts off my shoulder and causes my sweater to brush against my neck. My feet come to a halt and I glance up at the school clock up in the corner of the wall. Seeing that I have more than enough time to go to the bathroom and fix myself up before the bell rings, I readjust my bag strap and head to the bathroom.

I pass a few people on the way there including some staff. My hurried steps echo through the hallway and I feel my bag shift again causing my sweater to brush my skin another time. A content sigh leaves my mouth when I spot the bathroom sign.

As soon as I push the door and step into the tiled room, I walk up to the mirror and drop my bag. It hits the ground with a small thud sound, and I roll up the sleeves of my navy sweater the littlest bit. I stare in the mirror, inspecting the area where I placed the concealer earlier this morning. I tug my sweater downwards and then pull the neckline forward a little bit.

A little bit of brushing was enough to make the makeup rub off on the neckline of the sweater. It wasn't so noticeable and the concealer still covered the unwanted hickey. I pulled my sweater down lower to look at the other hickey near my collarbones. I didn't bother covering that one up with concealer, my clothes blocked it anyways.

It had turned from the glowing red color into a dark purple like bruise. I tap it with my finger and it stung. I bit the inside of my cheek as I stared at it.

And to think this all happened yesterday. In my house. In my room. With Logan.

My stomach twisted into a giant knot at the thought of him. Its so silly, really. The whole of last night when I laid in bed I couldn't sleep. It made me nervous to think that where I was laying down, so was he just a couple hours ago, except, on top of me.

It really is silly. Stupid even. He made it clear he was only trying to get into my pants and nothing else. He probably thinks I'm a slut, just like everyone else thinks. If he does then I was definitely proving it to him yesterday. I should've tried harder to stop him, but I didn't. I let him touch me.

No. I needed to snap out of this. This whole situation happened once. It's not like it's gonna happen again.

I tap the purple splotch on my collarbone once again before I pull up the neckline of my sweater. The neck strings hang down but I quickly tie them together, just to be sure no one can see it. I pull some of my light brown hair to the front and tuck a piece behind my ears. I breathe in shakily before pulling the strap of my book bag and slinging it back to its normal position.

I make my way out of the bathroom and back into the hallway. The halls were a bit more crowded now, but all I have to do is get to first period before the next couple of minutes go by. Besides, English was only a few doors down the hallway.

As I walked through the door way and into the classroom Mr. Hoffman looks up at me from the pile of papers and folders on his desk and greets me a good morning. I murmur a good morning back and go to sit in my seat.