Chapter 13

Its been two weeks since I started hanging out with Alyssa. I rarely went by her house anymore. I either always lost track of time or Finn would always give me weird looks. Most of the time I saw Finn he was accompanied by Logan and its weird how I never noticed their friendship before. 

    I tapped my fingers on the edge of my desk, lost in my thoughts, waiting for the bell to ring. I had been jittery all day and on higher alert than usual. Ethan didn't come to school today, and I should be relaxed but I cant be. Class carried on as usual yet the unsettling feeling in my stomach made me want to run and vomit. 

    My foot began tapping on its own. Ms.Thomas was lecturing about the Korean War and pointing towards the pictures being shown from the slideshow. I hadn't paid attention to much of it, honestly. Every five seconds I felt eyes on me. It made me shift uncomfortably the whole period. I turned around, glancing at everyone else until I came across Lacey. Her arms were folded and she was leaning forwards on her desk. She sends daggers at me and I drop my gaze to the floor. 

    My face scrunched up as I then glanced up at Logan to see him slumped like usual against the chair with his eyes closed. The heaters were finally turned on inside the school since it was early October now. Outside had been getting colder and colder yet guys continued to wear v-necks and girls still strutted around in miniskirts, or maybe it was just me who was extremely cold. 

    I rub my hands together underneath the desk to bring to some warmth to my body. A couple minutes pass by and shrill sound of the bell ringing blares through the Ms.Thomas's speech. I quickly swipe my books off of my desk and turn around the place them in my bag. Just as students begin to pile out the room Ms.Thomas yells out over the bell.

"Remember guys! Your projects are due later this week, meaning I should have them all by Friday! If you can't meet the deadline, I will accept no later than next Monday!" 

    I shudder internally all while making note to get started on it as soon as I get home. No way was I talking about it to Logan. As if he would care about the project, Besides, it wasn't anything I couldn't do on my own. 

    I walk down the stairs, trying my best not to bump into anyone that would result in an insult. My stomach still felt uneasy but I only had to suffer through two more classes. I picked up the pace, making my way to my locker before the number of people in the hallway increased. 

    As I reach my locker, standing in front of it and raising my hand to turn the lock another hand snatches mine away. I inhale sharply at the gesture and turn around to face the person.

    Logan smirks down at me, one hand still attached to mine and the another hanging by his side. I stand there speechless, my eyes darting back forth between his hand to his face. 

"So what time do you want me to come over?" 

    My mouth slightly falls open before I shut it again.

"What? What are you talking about?" I question.

"The project." He answers, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Oh! N-No, you don't, um, you don't have to come over. I got it c-covered." I say looking down at the floor.

    He looks at me unbelievably before another response makes it way up my throat and out.

"S-Sorry! You just, I just thought you wouldn't care. You know, about this."

    Logan crosses his arms.

"How come?" His voice comes out slightly deeper than before.

"You don't really seem like the type?" I glance up at him.

"Well, I asked because you seem like the type that does care about this."

    I quietly nod my head while rocking back and forth on my feet.

"Listen Grace," He sighs "Ever since this project thing started, Lacey has been on my ass like some fucking stalker." Logan's hand travels up from my hand to my elbow as he drags me away from my locker.

"Hey- W-wait! I need to-" 

"You can do it later." He says pulling me down the hall and through the sea of people. I stumble behind him, my bag slowly falling off of my shoulder as I try to keep up with his pace. People shoot glares my way as I bump into them but instantly clear the way for Logan. 

"Logan, slow down!" I squeal when he turns a corner. 

"Keep up shortstack." He replies over his shoulder. He drags me all the way to back of the school where the track and football field is. 

    He finally lets go of me and I use my now free hand to readjust my bag on my shoulder. A few seconds pass by before curiosity gets the best of me.

"Well?" I mumbled.

"Look, I can't take being surrounded by Lacey anymore. So whether you need help or not-"

"Logan, you have friends. You don't need me." I mutter, cutting him off.

"You don't get it." He grunts.

    I stare at the floor and roll my eyes. Of course I  wouldn't.

"I didn't- Point is, you agreed to being my partner so don't ignore me all the damn time." He huffs.

    I look up and sigh before I open my mouth again. 

"Just.. Leave me alone." I whisper while backing up. Logan's hand flies up and grabs my arm again, pulling me close. 

"How about," He tilts his head downwards towards me,"No." I press both of my palms against his chest and try to push him back. "Logan.." I breathe out "Stop."

    The feeling of uneasiness spreads throughout my whole body. He lets go slightly but from the corner of my eyes I can see his fists ball up in frustration. 

"Grace,"Logan's voice comes out deep, "Today, I'm coming over so that Lacey can go piss the fuck off." He explains through clenched teeth. "And I swear to god, If I don't see you outside after school is over I will-" 

    His almost threat gets cut off by the sound of the late bell blaring through the halls. I take the quick second the rip myself out of his grip and zoom down the hall towards my next class before he can catch up with me.

Short :( , but I hope it holds you up until the next chapter! School starts in 1 day so I tried my best to get this out before it starts. Sorry for any mistakes  made, but expect the next chapter soon.... I hope. School starting might make me procrastinate and also make me insanely tired but I will try my best for you guys! <3

Vote + Comment! :)