Forgiveness?

Miles P.O.V

I tried for as long as I could to just sit and wait for Carmen to call me back. But she never did and when I tried her back, it went to voice mail. Thinking all the wrong things I called Jon. Of course he answered right away.

"Hey bro. Not cool for ditching me today!" He answered.

"I know. I just got a lot on my mind."

"Don't trip. What's up tho?"

"Was everything okay today at Carmen's?" I asked, truly concerned.

"Yup!" was all he said.

"Oh."

"Why? You don't like her? Do you?" Jon asked suspiciously.

"NO. I was just going to go over now, but she won't answer."

"Oh. Well I'll try to reach her. Call you back."

With that he hung up. I stared at the phone for a few minutes before trying Carmen again. And again she didn't answer. I wanted to run over there but my wolf was telling me to calm down. So I started walking over to her house, slowly. Hoping that by the time I get there, I'd have spoken to her. If not, I'm going to knock anyways.

Half way there I stopped right on the spot. Her scent hit me like a ton on bricks and I no longer had control of my legs. They wouldn't move! My wolf took a whiff of her scent and was pushing through. And he nearly did until I snapped back to reality, realizing I was in a mostly human town.

I took a couple deep breathes and let her scent calm my beast, instead of entice him. Once calmed enough to analyze my situation I looked to my phone and tried Carmen once again. This time she answered on the first ring.

"What is so...." she whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I asked.

"Never mind. What's up?"

"Are you still busy?"

"Just come over now." she replied.

"Are you alone?" I asked but noticed she'd already hung up.

Once again I sniffed the scent of my mate and followed it right into Carmen's backyard. Standing back there I pinpointed the room where her scent was the strongest. My wolf drew me there first, instead of to knock on the door.

There was an old tree and if I aimed just right, I could make it to the ledge of that window. I thought that over and over as I climbed the tree and prepared to jump. Right before I could count down to three and jump, a noise at the window caught my attention.

I paused as the look on her face went from happy to angry, with just a roll of her eyes. We stared each other down until she huffed and walked out of view.  I didn't know whether to go to the window or back down the tree and to the door.

"Don't worry I'll get rid of him!" The voice alone had me weak in the knees, yet again. I couldn't wait to hear her say my name.  But not in that tone of course, in a much lighter and softer one.

I jumped from the tree to meet the beautiful hazel eyes of my mate. Her sweats were a tad small and smelled like Carmen. I took in her messy hair and figured she'd been sleeping. Her eyes were rimmed in red and slightly puffy. Her lips were in a frown that was hiding a small pout. Beautiful, I mused and my wolf agreed.

Though I knew she'd been crying, the after sight of her was breathe taking! I wanted to hug that frown away and kiss each of those eyes until they regained their rightful color. I wanted to hurt the person responsible for those tears!