Protection

Miles' P.O.V

The next couple weeks we focused on two things. One tracking down the idiots who broken in our homes. And two trying to figure out Jon's weird connection to my mate. It made my wolf angry that he obviously had some type of connection with my mate. But I had Dan looking into it for us.

Needless to say, with the help of the wallet, we're having much better luck with the thiefs. So far we knew the name of one is Richard Rice and he lives in Oakland. Hes got a short criminal history and no ties to any pack. But Pete let us know they were both most definitely werewolves.

Right now Mo and I are sitting in my office, going over his movements. Two days after they broken in, I sent Pete down to Oakland track them. So far he hasn't had anything negative to report, just regular day to day activities. And sadly, no sight nor smell of the second intruder.

"This makes no sense. He's going to this same grocery store every other day." Mo huffed out.

"Let me see."

She was right, every other day he was going there. I got online and goggled Shoppers Delight, the name of the store. Everything seemed normal but I sent Pete a link to check it out after hours. He replied instantly and Mo and I got back to work.

"I'm hungry babe. Can we finish tomorrow?" Mo pleaded, after another hour of coming up with nothing.

I didn't respond just shut my computer down and escorted her to the kitchen. Placing a kiss on her forehead, then her now bulging stomach, I proceeded to makes us some sandwiches. Mo hummed softly, while looking thru her phone.

After eating we headed over to Ant and Carmen's house.  She was entering the last week of her pregnancy and Ant wouldn't let her leave his sight. So we made it a habit to come visit her at least once a day.  Although Mo felt like that wasn't enough and I usually had to drag her home at night.

"Thank god!" Ant breathed out.

"What?" I questioned.

"Carmen thought your guys weren't coming today. She's driving me crazy with the crying."

"Don't worry cuz. Mo to the rescue!"

I laughed at Ant's troubled expression. His eyes didn't leave the stairs until we both heard Carmen start laughing. The look of relief one his face was way more funny though. I couldn't help but to laugh at him.

"Just you wait. Mo is way more demanding and abusive than Carmen. You're going to be begging me to come calm her down and I'm going to say hell no!"

That ceased my laughter and caused Ant to in turn laugh. At least he's laughing and not seeming so stressed. I know with the birth of their first pup on the way, he has to be beyond worried. I guess I never realized how much they needed us right now. And how they'd be returning the favor shortly.

"Not funny! Because you know I could always tell Mo you're avoiding her. You know how needy she is!" I smirked out, watching his laughter fade.

"Truce?" he said.

"Truce!"

"Now, anything new with the rogues?" He asked, his voice now serious.

I filled him in on what Monique found and what I told Pete to do. We talked about a couple of scenarios and agreed that we'll continue to wait. Hopefully he can lead us to who hired him, because there's no way he masterminded this himself.

"So what about Jon?" He asked cautiously.

"I don't know yet and its pissing my wolf off. Dan's working on it still, but so far no luck." I gritted out.