Acceptance (Part 1)

WARNING: This chapter contains a X rated sceen, please be advisded..  And please read A/N at the end... Enjoy!!!!

=====================================================================

Alpha Mike's P.O.V

The ride home started off rather dull. I'd told Claire everything that was said in the meeting and I knew her mind was just as jumbled as mine. I had a feeling that I was missing something rather important about my son and his mate. But even with all that's going on, Claire still occupies my mind.

Looking over at her, I notice how much she's changed physically since moving out of the pack house. Of course she was all woman before, it's just that I've never looked at her that way. She was always just my friend and now, well I don't really know what I feel now. I know I love her but I'm afraid to try to push her into anything.

"What are you thinking about?" Claire says, bringing out of my thoughts.

"Honestly, you." I say.

"Me?"

"Yes, you. How much you've changed since you moved away. How happy I am that you're here. How you're still my very best friend."

"Aww, Mike. I've missed you too. You know what I missed the most?" she asks.

"What's that?"

"How we used to stay up all night and talk about everything. You always helped me solve my problems or get over something. That's something I didn't have with my mate."

The last part was said with sadness and I couldn't resist taking her hand into mine. Silence surrounded us again and I could tell that Claire was feeling the loss of her mate. I didn't know what to do or say to make her feel better and my wolf was howling internally at her sadness.

"How about we have an old fashioned sleep over tonight? Just me and you, and we can just talk all night?" I say, breaking the silence.

"Really Mike. That sounds good. Thanks."

"No thanks necessary. You know I love you right?" I say.

"Yeah, I know."

When we pull up to the pack house, everything is quiet. I escort Claire to her room and tell her to meet me downstairs in ten minutes. I slip into my own room and quickly change into some pajama's before returning downstairs.

I get some drinks, chips and popcorn ready and carry it on a tray back into the living room. Claire is already there, moving the coffee table and setting blankets down. I smile, just thinking how we used to do this at least once a week.

Claire catches me staring and smiles, probably remembering as well. We set everything up and get right to it. She tells me all about losing and loving her mate. How she loves him still, but she wasn't happy. She stuck around not only for Carmen's sake, but also because that's what mates do.

I told her how I felt about my mate and all her secrets. About how she left and how heartbroken I was. She knew about me finding out about Miles and the happiness that brought me. We laughed and cried and laughed some more. It felt so good to have my friend back.

"Well look at it this way, we're both able to mate again. With someone else now." I said trying to lighten the mood.

"I know. It's just, I don't know if I can."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't know if I could love another like I love my mate. Or even if someone else could love me." she said honestly.

"Well, I love you." I said. It was now or never, I had to let her know how I felt.

"I know. And I love you. But you know what I mean Mike."