All is NOT Good!

Anthony's P.O.V

I felt Monique's anger clearly, no wonder my dad reached out to me. They'd felt it from all the way across town. I wanted desperately to go to her, but I knew my own temper had subsided only slightly after my mates distraction. So knowing that if Mo's anger had anything to do with James, I decided to stay put. Because even my mate wouldn't be able to stop me from killing him this time.

Besides I knew Miles was with her, I could feel his presence in her mind. She was slowly calming down but whatever is was, had her wolf pissed as well. I held Carmen to me extra tight, when I noticed that she felt it too.

She jumped out of my arms throwing her clothes on in a hurry. I followed suit, but much slower and she finished before me. Waiting for me to throw on a shirt, she sent me a look to say hurry the hell up. I tried grabbing her hand but she turned quickly and went out the door.

When we reached downstairs it was deathly quiet and Claire stood at the bottom of the stairs looking into the living room. We approached her quietly but I had a feeling she already knew we were there.

"Mom, where's Monique?" Carmen asked.

Claire didn't respond, just pointed in the direction of the living room. Carmen didn't waste any time going to her, kneeling in front of Monique. I could tell from back here that Mo was relaxed and calmer, so I looked up to Claire.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Mike told them about making James the Alpha after he steps down. Monique was very upset for some reason." she said quietly, questions clearly clouding her answer.

The growl that left my throat immediately caught everyone's attention. Carmen was at my side in an instant, hugging me and trying to calm my wolf. How could he make that jerk his replacement? Especially since he found out about Miles? But the more reasonable part of me thought of how Miles already pledged himself to CAVE Pack and my shoulders slumped in defeat.

Carmen led me to the couch and I sat right next to Monique. She released the hold on Miles and grabbed me in a hug. Miles didn't seem to mind, instead nodded his head to me in appreciation. I wrapped my arms around Mo and just let her get it all out.

"Chicken butt?" I called out playfully and she giggled out.

"I'm okay." she said, pulling away from me to grab Miles hand.

"You're lying!" I sang out and this time Miles laughed.

"Dude, don't sing." he laughed and Carmen gave him a pointed look that said shut up.

I laughed at that and soon we all joined in laughter. The mood wasn't forgotten but left to discuss for later. My wolf was already thinking of ways to kill James and I didn't need a reason to go find him now. So for the better of everyone I changed the subject.

"I have an idea. Why don't we all go out to dinner tonight? All of us, our parents, Alpha Mike and Claire." I said.

"Oh, that's a great idea. We need to get away from here for the night. I know a great place a few towns over." Carmen added in.

Miles and Mo nodded in agreement, then left the room, saying they were going to nap before dinner. I turned to my mate and place a soft kiss on her lips. She responded instantly until we both felt that same powerful presence as earlier.

"Alpha." I acknowledged him as he entered. He nodded his head towards me but his eyes softened when they landed on Carmen.

"Is Monique okay?" he asked, truly concerned.

"Yeah." was my simple answer.

"Would you like to join us for dinner tonight Alpha?" Carmen said from beside me.