Acceptance (Part 2)

Carmen's P.O.V

I stretched out and didn't feel anything next to me. Jumping up quickly it took a minute for me to realize where I was. Now the question was, where is my mate? The next sound brings relief to my instant worry, he's in the shower.

Deciding to give him an ounce of worry, I slip on my shoes and tip toe out of the room. I'll  just go over to check on Miles and Mo. Let Ant find me this time! Making my way down the hallway, all the worry is coming back. But this time for my friends.

Today is a big day for all of us, but for them, it's a matter of their entire future! I'd go crazy trying to decide between my parents and my mate. Poor Miles, just met his father and is given this difficult decision. All I can do is be there for them both!

As I get closer to their room, the sounds of lovemaking are thick in the air. I giggle, knowing that's how I sounded last night! Oh, did Ant sure know how to.. I stop mid thought when I finally find the source of those loud moans of pleasure. And I'm standing right in front of their room.

So with a haste I turn and run back to my room. Only to realize I didn't bring out a key. I think about knocking but remember that I'm supposed to be the one hiding! I lean against the door jam and sigh in defeat.

Before I can bring my hand down to knock, the door swings open. Revealing a half naked, scrumptious looking man! All signs of my game are long gone as my eyes take in his body. He's completely dry but still only wearing his towel.

I blush slightly at the thought of Miles and Mo's romp, turning me on. But I can't deny it. So stepping fully into the room, I close and lock it behind me. I smiled evilly at my mate before snatching his towel away and taking just what I wanted.

After a couple rounds and a quick shower, I was finally dressed. Miles had called and said that they were checking out now. Ant and I followed suit and soon we were off, back to the pack house. I'd tried to call my mother before we left, but she wasn't answering. I hope everything is okay.

Miles and Mo are beaming with happiness and they haven't stopped touching each other since they came into my sight. But it makes me happy to know that they finally completed their bond. It also brings some relief. Maybe it means they've made a decision.

All to soon we were pulling up at the pack house. It sounds empty from here and I have an eerie feeling that something is wrong. Ant grabs my hand and leads me inside, behind Miles and Mo. Looking between the two boys, I notice they're sharing slick eye glances and the same sly smirks. Somethings up.

"Dad?" Miles calls out, once we're inside.

"Coming son." Alpha Mike calls out from somewhere inside the house.

At the same time the most wonderful smell tingles my nose. I take a large sniff and my mouth waters instantly. That smells like my mothers home made lasagna. Which is something I haven't had in years! This could only mean one thing, bad news.

Every time I remember my mom making lasagna (which she knows is my favorite), is when she has something bad to tell me. Like when we moved out of the pack house. Or when my dad first made her go away on one of his business trips. And the last time was just a while ago. When they told me they'd be away for my 18th birthday.

Wow. Speaking of birthdays, mine is tomorrow. With all that's been going on, I totally forgot. I wonder if Ant remembers? I only told him once, the night we first met and played 20 questions. He can't possibly remember that, can he?

Alpha Mike's presence is felt before he's seen, but this time it's less intimidating. It feels warm and safe, like home. I shake off the feelings and offer a smile and a hello as he greets Ant and I. He does a double take upon greeting his son. In fact his smile grows bigger.